partners in crime

"Good morning princess" Jackie kissed her daughters cheek as she sat on the couch looking to the TV, kinda gazed and in pain, like always.

"Breakfast?" Jack asked picking up his daughter and placing her on his hip.

"I'm not hungry." Bluntly she added as her father sat her in her assigned seat at the family's table.

"Come on Kathleen, you have to eat, we've talked about this." It irritated Jackie greatly, clearly being known as she slammed the plate down in front of her.

"We're having breakfast together, and we aren't getting up until you clean the plate." Jackie snapped looking to Jack as he nodded, lost as could be.

"But we've got somewhere to be, so eat." Jack looked to Kit, who had taken the role of lost now.

"Were are we going?" Kit asked eating a couple of bites from her plate.

"You'll see, a surprise" Jack winked as Kit started to push food around her plate.

It concerned Jackie that Kit never wanted to eat anymore, she was always small, but never this small.

She ate as much as Jackie expected, not a lot, but enough, she wasn't going to force feed her. It was satisfactory.

Jack headed upstairs and got Kit's wheelchair, the mode of transportation that seemed to fit the mood that day. She had improved since getting out of the hospital, but her days were the definition of off and on.

And quite frankly, neither parent felt like carrying her back up the stairs from her being taken down earlier in the morning.

Kit managed to gain enough strength to manage her chair, which she seemed to somewhat like. But both parents agreed she was "lost", sleeping through most of the day and being super irritable, which was not there spunky, giggly, active babygirl.

But Jack was sure this surprise was going to boost his daughter's mood tremendously. And after waiting for him so long, it would be so much sweeter.

"Kitty you coming down?" Jack yelled as she entered the lift.

"I'll give you this, you got good timing" She laughed as Jack did too.

"It's nice to hear that laugh again" Jackie came up behind her daughter and kissed her cheek softly.

"Alright Kennedy's assemble.. in the car!" Jack pointed to the door watching both of his girls file out.

Jackie helped Kit in as Jack locked up, and they were headed out.

Most Kennedy car rides where quiet, and this time was no different.

But after a little while of looking out the window, Kit dug into her cardigan pocket and pulled out a picture she always had.

She couldn't help but smile at the pure bred German Shepard puppy that was looking back at her, tracing the area she had scribbled his name in cursive, Clipper.

But when she looked up, they were at the runway, the family airplane runway. A place she had been so many times before, but this time it really didn't make too much sense.

"Are we going somewhere?" Kit looked to her parents confused as all three got out onto the runway.

"No" Jackie replied as the stairs on the family's jet folded down.

All things went through Kit's head, all things it could be. But the real reason didn't seem to hit her until he came into view.

And by he, Clipper.

"No." She looked to Jack and then to the puppy, and back to Jack.

"Clipper baby." Jack smiled as the man carrying him let go while Kit sobbed

"Come here Clipper!" She yelled as his, not yet stood up, ears flapped in the wind.

She picked him up, and of course, looked to his tag that was already engraved with, Clipper K. Along with the fact his vest was the exact color of Kit's wheelchair.

"Oh that was my idea" Jackie laughed, taking a picture of the two while Jack thanked the man.

"It's just the perfect shade!" She held him close as he licked her face

And for a little while on the way back home the Kennedy parents could hear there daughter playing with her new service dog, but as the car went quiet, it was clear that Kit was once again fast asleep. Car rides always worked like a charm.

Jack always had the duty of taking her inside, so of course he unloaded and with no prompting, the puppy followed his partner all the way up to Kit's bed before getting right in with her.

He kissed his daughter softly before meeting Jackie downstairs again.

She placed the sweet little polaroid picture in the corner of a picture frame that held the most recent press release picture of their daughter. It being simply named, Kit and Clipper's First Meeting.

Jack headed in behind her and kissed her neck, bringing her closer to him.

"Partners in Crime." She smiled as Jack simply repeated her statement.

"Partners in Crime"