want to hear it all

"Mommy! Look!" Kit spun in her new dress in front of her visibly tired mother. Jackie was never, never a morning person, Kathleen leaned more toward Jack's morning spirit.

"Very pretty Kit, now let's go downstairs for breakfast" Jackie rubbed her eyes practically dragging her daughter down the stairs.

"Whatcha want kiddo?" Jack goofed at the counter wearing Jackie's apron. It warmed Jackie's heart to see how much Jack had let loose in the past years of taking care of his "Kitty".

"Daddy you look silly!" Kit laughed as he picked her up, putting her on his hip, like Jackie always did.

"Careful Jack" Jackie walked passed him, caring, but not really. For some reason her mother said this every time he picked her up, but the reason was unknown to Kit.

"Kit what about peanut butter pancakes?" Jackie yelled out for the little one to hear. The breakfast dish was her favorite, so of course that was good for her.

And as the family ate, Jack looked to his daughter happily.

"So Kitty, are you excited for school today? You look very pretty this morning." He smiled at the girl in her booster seat.

"I am daddy, thank you." She replied very politely as she hopped down grabbing her plate and heading to the sink after she was finished.

Careful not to get her dress dirty or wet.

The Kennedy's were good parents, but were raising a little girl that was polite, kind, and obedient. Kit knew she had responsibilities and what her parents expected of her, even at her young age.

But as Jackie started to do dishes and Jack followed her to the door, alarms went off in her "mommy's girl" brain.

"Kit daddy's taking you today, he'll drop you off on his way to work!" Jackie yelled from the kitchen, like she was feeling what her daughter did in that moment. It always seemed to turn out like that.

Quickly the 4 year old headed back to the kitchen and looked up to her mother.

"But mommy, I want you to take me to kindergarten." She was polite, not throwing a fit, but definitely felt tears welling up in her eyes.

Instead of immediately sending her child back to the door with her father, Jackie put the little one up on the counter, in her mother's eye level, and looked into her eyes.

"Here" She quickly took off one of her adjustable bracelets and placed it on her daughters wrist.

"When you see this bracelet, you can think of mommy, plus this means I go everywhere with you, always" She wiped the loose tears of her daughter's and walked hand and hand out to Jack's car.

Kit would now wear this piece of jewelry everyday she could.

Quickly she placed the little one in her seat and buckled her up tightly.

"Bye-Bye my girl. Have a great day today, make lots of friends and be a good girl for your teacher. Mommy will want to hear all about it when you get home" She kissed Kit and waved as they pulled away from the driveway of the family's two story Georgetown home.

But as Jackie Kennedy headed back inside, she couldn't help but shed a tear knowing her Kit was headed to her first day of kindergarten.