Chapter Twenty | The Red Woods (Part Two)

(Author's Note):

So this took me a week... And honestly, I wanted this chapter out of the fucking way! Oh my God, I got so much good stuff coming up and this chapter and the distractions I had were such a drag! But, I fixed this one up. :)

Don't hate me if it sucks, I will be writing the next one and it will be awesomeee ^o^

* * * * *

I kept my arms crossed as I watched Severus open his door, caught red handed. We stared at each other for a good minute till he sighed in truce.

"I was hoping to make it to the inn before you both did." He said, "After watching you both trying to slaughter yourselves with your car." He leaned his arm against the door frame and gave me a simple minded look. I rolled my eyes and blushed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Albus told me to escort you both here and even though you tried pushing me away from my duties, I reluctantly came to make sure you wouldn't... Well, get yourself into more distressing situations."

I felt my cheeks burning red. "I could very well take care of myself... So, decide to spy on me, then?"

"I'm not spying. I planned to expose myself in the morning, but you figured me out before then. How did you know?"

"Your walking. I noticed that cloak bellowing anywhere."

He smirked slyly and opened his door wider and nodded his head to the side, ushering me inside.

I took a step back.

"I should go back to my room." I said quickly.

He furrowed his eyebrows and pushed the door open, having it thud against the wall and he walked tiredously to a small square table with two glasses stacked on each other and a cube shaped glass bottle of what ever liquor he was in the mood of.

I looked down the hall to my room and looked back into his room. I watched him sit in one of the chairs, slumping his shoulders. "Close the door when you decide to come in," he said in monotone. Do I have a choice?

I hesitantly walked in, taking the seat across from him. I glanced at the two glasses and said, "Were you expecting someone?"

"I assumed you'd join me one day." He said.

He sat each glass in front of us and poured the brown liquor in each one, a quarter full. He grabbed his by the rim and took a gentle sip. I took mine in both hands and circled it around.

"How will you be approaching for this adventure of yours?" He asked, "Albus told me what you had told him and in such curiosity, what do you expect to find?"

I looked at him, eyes wide and said, "I don't honestly know."

"And Burbage?"

"She was just going to check out the sights. I asked her to leave me be while I check out the forest. She's going to the spas across town."