Chapter Three | Hunted

(Author's note):

Hey.

I know.

Yet another chapter in such a small amount of time. I'm on a roll. It's either sleep or write. Well, I'll write, of course! I've got all these ideas roaming in my head ready to be exposed on Wattpad. How fun. Isn't it? Let's continue on.

*

Oh, the pain.

As I woke up, I could feel the heavy daze within my head as I moaned in pain. Last thing I remembered, I was being pushed through raging waters. I grazed the back of my head with my fingers gracefully and felt a large lump. I must've hit my head against those walls. The water current was strong.

I cupped my other hand against the soft layers I laid in. A bed. I was in a bed. But, who's bed? I pushed myself up and rested against the bed frame. I took in my surroundings. I was laying in the center of the room, a drawer on one side and a desk with a gray cushion armchair scooted in and a small window right above it. The room was dimly lit by a single lantern settled on the desk.

I looked down as I noticed what I was wearing. It wasn't my ordinary clothes, but long black robes with silver stitching.

Where was I? This wasn't my home, my clothes, nothing of familiar. But, then I remembered. Snatchers.

I stumbled off the bed and looked around. My apron wasn't here, my potions were gone. I had no weapon nor defence.

I heard muffled noises outside and I could feel my heart skip a beat. Whoever was out there, I was not alone. Or safe.

I rummaged through the drawers until I found some envelopes and parchment paper with used quills in the desk drawer. I pushed the papers away until I caught a glimpse of an envelope opener. I grasped it, firmly holding it. I looked at the window, pushing it up but had no luck. I could break it, but noise wouldn't be the best option.

Then, I heard a click. The door knob turned from the door. I held the dulled knife in my hand tighter as someone slowly opened the door.

"D-Don't!" I stammered as I held the knife high, "I'm warning you, I'm quick with my feet! I'll strike!" What was I doing? Would talk help any better? I knew survival was key.

I lunged out, making contact with the person. I noticed it scraped his cheek and he threw out his arms, gripping my arms and twisting me around.

"No!" I shouted, throwing all my strength towards him, but he had me locked against his chest.

"You imbecile--" he hissed, wrapping his strong arms tighter, pushing me against the wall.

"Severus? Oh my Gods--" I heard a woman say as I felt her hands try to split us apart. He pushed me off across the room. I fell to my knees and I swiftly turned around.

He was a bit older than I was, cupping his wounded cheek. He was all in black robes, his black hair draped down right above his shoulders.  The woman was around my age, with light blue hair quickly changing a deep purple. She wore multiple colored robes.