Chapter Twenty Nine | Hysteria

It didn't take long for Severus to get the news.

He immediately left his post at Hogwarts, having his classes postponed for tomorrow. He rushed through the front gates of Hogwarts and disapparated. There, he stood before the home of the Weasleys, the Burrow. The sun was smothered by the smoltering clouds as snowflakes began to fall over the gloomy setting. Severus rushed to the door as he barged inside.

There in the cramp cricked living room, Kingsley, Tonks, Remus, Mad Eye, Molly and Arthur Weasley sat and waded around, all looking uneasy. "Where is she?" Severus said, trying to sound calm, but came out like a venomous snake.

"Madam Pomfrey is in the room she's resting in now," Remus said, "She was quite a wreck when we saved her from the abandoned concentration camp in Germany. If you haven't given us the coordinates in time, only Merlin knows what would have happen to her next in that demented cage."

Severus's heart felt it shrivel inside his chest. When he was informed in the last dark meeting with Death Eaters that Amelia was captured, he took precautions of where and how. It took him several days, but as soon as he found the whereabouts, he informed the Order right away.

"Why her?" Tonks asked, "Why is she so important? I mean, I'd save her in a heartbeat, but there's something more than meets the eye."

"And, you should all be as curious," I heard Dumbledore behind me as he walked into the Burrow from outside, "Amelia holds a sort of ancient magic sent down her family line for over a century now. It carries the powers of a Supremus which Voldemort craves to have."

"A Supremus?" Kingsley asked bewildered, "They've been wiped off this earth."

"All, but one little girl who's been protected by the Pensky Manor for a hundred years. She mothered a young girl who mothered Amelia's mother and so forth. Having Amelia to be the next Supremus."

"She is not a real Supremus," Severus added, "She is still a squib. It is her necklace that empowers her... I want to see her."

"I don't think that would be possible, Snape," Mad Eye said, "She's in bit of... A Hysteria."

Severus couldn't hide his flabbergasted expression. What the hell did they do to her in there? Why did Severus have to leave? Why didn't he stay? He couldn't protect her through this horrible ordeal. Severus leaned into a nearby cupboard and placed his hands over his face in frustration. Molly obviously noticed his concern and said, "Madam Pomfrey is doing all she can, Severus."

Severus cleared his throat and looked back at Remus and Tonks. "The necklace? Did you retrieve the necklace?"

Remus took a deep breath and Tonks gave an exhausted look. "About that," Remus said slowly, "Amelia found it. But, as we raced towards her... She..."

"What?" I snapped impatiently. Tonks looked up and said, "Killed a man for it. But, she didn't even lay a finger on him. Her eyes... They were black as coal."

"She focused her energy onto the heirloom, thus having her to lash out as a Supremus." Dumbledore said concernly, "The real problem is... Was killing him what she wanted, or could she not control herself?"

A silence fell through out the room. Everyone shot worried glances to one another, but Mad Eye gave a scowl and said, "Well, she seems to be on our side. Powers like that, is beneficial for this war."

"She's not fighting a goddamn war, Mad Eye!" Severus barked.

"Well, if I'm correct, wasn't that what she wanted? When we discussed this a few meetings back?" Mad Eye argued, "If she can control what ever is in her, she can help greatly! We all know what a Supremus can do, it's what wizards like ourselves wish we can do! We need her!"