Getting to Know You

Hayami got up carefully, shifting the boy in her arms. He was so thin, and she frowned as his school jacket shifted to reveal messily wrapped banages. She carried him to the apparently condemmed apartment building she called home, moving over the rooftops with ease but care in case a pro hero spotted her. After she laid him down on her bed, she sat on the edge considering his sleeping face. Why had her quirk drawn her to him, and now the more pressing question, what was she supposed to do?

'Wait for him to wake up first,' she thought ruefully. Hayami rubbed her face and got up, scribbling a note she left on the nightstand beside him. Hey, I know you're probably freaking out, but everything's okay. Come talk to me, promise I won't hurt you. In the kitchen, she took inventory of her pantry. 'Considering how much of a stick figure he is, he'll probably be hungry,' she began to pull ingredients from different shelves, 'well... katsudon's probably inoffensive to anyone's stomach, and I can get some nutrients into him.' Just as she set two bowls on the kitchen table, the bedroom door creaked open.

"H-hello?" Hayami looked up at scared boy, and gave him a gentle smile. 

"I've made some food, will you have some," her voice was soft, as was her laugh when she heard his stomach growl. "Come, it's alright."

He did, an almost angelic smile brightening his face as he saw the food. "This is my favourite food! I haven't been able to get it right," he eagerly began to dig in, not seeing the frown she quickly hid.

"Do you want seconds," Hayami chuckled as he finished and looked down a little sadly at the empty bowl. He gave her a guilty expression, but with just a little bit of hope.

"Is that okay?" The boy surrendered the bowl when she nodded, turning his attention to his glass of water until she returned with seconds.

"Let us play a little game, alright? First you'll ask a question, then I will. That way we can learn a bit more about each other. Is that okay?" Hayami proposed while he ate more slowly this time. When she recieved a nod, "Okay, you begin."

"Um.. who are you?" Hayami was surprised she hadn't gotten this question as soon as the green haired boy woke up, honestly. 

"I am Kurosawa Hayami. I'm 24, a Scorpio, and my favourite colour is red. My question is the same to you."

"Oh, my name is Midoriya I-Izuku. I'm 13. How did you save me?"

"I didn't have any time to think of anything fancy, so I tried to get to you as quickly as I could." She slowly revealed a single leg, and waved it slightly before tucking it away again. "Why did you jump?" Her voice was as soft as she could make it, but the boy still flinched as if she had yelled, or expected her to.

"I couldn't take it anymore," his emerald eyes filled with tears. "I wasn't born with a quirk, so I was being bullied. K-Kacchan said I was useless, and I'd never be a hero. But it wasn't until y-yesterday that I really believed it."