A New Future

Izuku looked up as the door opened, noting Hayami's expression. "Do you want me to get started on dinner," he asked, still prone to being skittish when she wasn't outright praising him. 

"No, I've got it," she tried to relax and give him a smile. "You can put the other things away for me though."

Hayami hummed softly as she worked, feeling his tension ease. He loved to hear her sing, she had calmed him down from nightmares many times in their early days together by singing him a lullaby.

Izuku joined her, harmonizing easily with the simple tune. "Something's bothering you," he finally prompted her.

"What? Oh, it's nothing to worry about. I just ran into a hero on my way home. It's just.. he said the strangest thing. Anyway, you better eat up, tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day," she dished out two bowls and handed one to him.

"Tomorrow?" Izuku sat down and began to eat.

Hayami did the same across from him. "Yes, I've decided it's time to introduce you to the League of Villains. I've heard stories of Shigaraki's master, that he can give and take quirks. So," she gestured with her chopsticks, "I'm going to ask if he can give you one. And if not, who's on their 'to die' list. It's time to make a name as a villain, and 'Achlys' has been resting far too long."

The next morning, Izuku was up before she was, too nervous to sleep. Hayami had told him a bit about the LOV, mostly that their leader, a few years younger than her, was a complete idiot for an adult. 'I wonder what kind of quirks I'll get, or what we'll be doing today.' 

Hayami woke around noon, and fixed Izuku up in an outfit that wouldn't get him caught on first glance. An oversized black hoodie with the hood up, a simple mask, and baggy, ripped jeans, while she wore her villain outfit.

"Wow," Izuku stared at the imposing figure she made. Heeled combat boots, skin tight leather pants, and cropped long sleeve shirt that exposed the black bra beneath.

"Aren't you sweet," she smiled before putting on her mask, a silver mouth that would open when she bared her fangs. "Remember, in this outfit, I'm Achlys."

Izuku nodded. "When do I get a name?" He followed her down to street level.

"When you make one for yourself. Or if Shigaraki's master gives you a quirk, we'll come up with something fitting."

"How do I do that? Make a name, I mean," the boy was having a little difficulty keeping up with her long strides, but she couldn't go easy on him.

"Sometimes it can take some time," she admitted, pulling out one of the knives she had taught him with and tossing it in her hand, "but basically, the only question the pros ask at that point, is what your name is. Though you have to be quick, or they'll choose one for you, and you won't get one as good as 'Achlys'."

"The greek goddess of the mist of death and poisons," he nodded in understanding.