It's Your Power! Less Dramatically

Aizawa did decide to make Izuku be on his own, though several of the girls volunteered to be his partner. Izuku put on the upper part of his mask and the class watched as behind the tinted glass his eyes began to glow.

"May the best hero win," he grinned, and took off into the maze of buildings. He had vanished completely by the time the rest of the groups split up, waiting for the starting signal.

The first pair, Ashido and Kaminari, found him hanging upside down by one hand, as if he'd been walking and decided to crouch down and grab a pipe for balance, on the ceiling. "A boy with electric powers and a Syrup queen," he teased, "how shall I capture you?"

"You're not gonna let that go, are you?" Ashido crossed her arms.

"NoPe," Izuku turned the letter into a popping sound. "Besides, I don't know a single other person who likes syrup as much as you do. One of my friends, I can never remember her name, but I call her 'Cotton Candy girl' on account that her hair is several pastel colours."

"Man, why do you get along so well with the girls in the class," Kaminari complained.

In the next moment he found himself hanging upside down from the pipe Izuku had been using, his ankle wrapped in capture tape. "I suppose that would be living with my sister." Izuku just as quickly captured Ashido, binding her arms behind her back. He took both of their rolls of capture tape. "I think I'm gonna need these more than you," he joked, then left them there.

Three groups never saw him, but found themselves wrapped up in tape with their own rolls taken before they knew what was happening. Two were captured by other teams.

Izuku came across Todoroki and Koda next, or rather, they turned a corner and saw him leaning nonchalantly against a wall, Mizuki spinning a web between his fingertips. "Man, these kids are no fun," he complained, "they need serious training."

Todoroki put his hand to the wall and ice began to cover the stone, until it reached him. The ice wouldn't stick to Izuku's clothes. "What the..."

"Did I happen to mention when I touch something made of a quirk, I can share it?" Izuku asked, raising one hand and blasting Todoroki and Koda back with his own ice. "Why don't you ever use your fire?" Izuku asked Todoroki as he wrapped capture tape around Koda's wrist. "Is it because your father is Endeavor?"

"I-... yes. How did you know?" Izuku took him by the face, looking him square in the eye. His thumb brushed the lower edge of the scar that circled his left eye.

"My sister and I have known his name is Todoroki Enji for some time. Call it an inside source. But you do realize.. it's not his power. It's yours. Forget his torment and make it your own. Prove you're better with your fire, and stop thinking about it as his." His hands were warm on Todoroki's face, at least until he made a choker with his capture tape. "You've lived in his shadow long enough. Time to burn bright enough to cast your own."