Better Not Be A Glitter Bomb

"So Ashido, what did you come bursting in all excited about?" He got up and carefully hung the guitar back on the wall, then pulled on a sleeveless shirt.

"Oh! We got you something at the mall," Ashido held out one bubblegum pink hand, a small box resting on her palm. Izuku eyed it warily.

"It's not a glitter bomb, is it?" He asked, poking it gingerly.

"Ooo, that's an idea to give to Mineta," Ashido said.

"Tell him he can only open it in his room," Izuku advised, then took the box and opened it. Inside was an earring and a stud, a tiny knife hanging from it. "Is.. this for me?"

"Yeah!" Uraraka made him sit down, the girls fighting slightly over which ear the knife should hang from, before deciding on the left. "I saw it in one of the stores and thought it was awesome for you."

"I- I don't know what to say. I've never had a gift before." He gave an angelic smile.

"You say 'thank you', silly," Ashido grinned. In the doorway, Todoroki's heart thumped. He suddenly wanted to protect that smile, even if it was a villain who wore it. A cute villain, at least.

"Thank you," Izuku flushed.

"Why did you say you've never had a gift?" Asui asked, the rest of the girls nodding.

"Oh, well. Dad never gave us anything more than food and clothes, and the latter only when we couldn't fit in our old stuff anymore. After he.. died, and we were alone, we couldn't afford it. Then it just wasn't something we thought about."

"That's so sad, you never got to look up to presents when you were a kid?" Hagakure abruptly hugged him.

"Ah, thank you, but I don't think I was missing much. Besides, my sister and I have kinda more than enough, with her hacking. All the stuff here, it's all brand new, picked just for this. She didn't treat it like presents, but getting what was necessary. And I kinda agree. Except for the guitar."

"I've been meaning to ask about that," Jiro was looking jealously at it, "is that.. an Artist Tuxedo Black EQ?"

"Yeah, my sister was insistant that the shop give her the best they had, no matter the price. She wanted me to have one good thing at least." He grinned, then looked down as Mizuki began to climb his shirt.

"Why do you always have that with you," Uraraka skipped back a step. Mizuki stopped over his collarbone, and settled almost daintily.

"She watches over me for my sister. A reminder that even apart she's always with me. And she'll stop me if I start rambling about stuff I shouldn't, or start to get too emotional."

"What's going on here," Aizawa came up behind Todoroki, who hadn't heard him coming.

"Oh, how long were you there, Todoroki-kun?" The candy cane haired boy flushed and didn't answer, returning to his room. Izuku exchanged a glance with Ashido, then burst out laughing.

"We got Kurosawa-kun something at the mall and wanted to give it to him," Yaoyorozu explained, and Izuku let Hagakure turn his head to show off his new earring.

"Aren't I just dazzling," he rolled his eyes and spoke in a bored drawl, setting the girls to giggling.