Mind Breaker- Chapter 38

Italics are sign language
●●●

"Happy New Years Eve!" Kirishima says with a smile as Hitoshi and Denki walk down to the common.

"Morning..." Hitoshi says. Nico meows and jumps from Hitoshi's arm and starts walking around, as he usually did.

Mina smiles and puts her arms out to Nico.

Nico hisses and jumps onto Bakugou's lap.

"Eh!? Hey, mind fucker! Come get your cat!" Bakugou yells.

Hitoshi walks over and smiles.

"Aw! He likes you Bakugou!" He says. "Ain't that right Neeks?"

Nico purrs and curls together and closes his eyes.

"Fuck." Bakugou curses. "Whatever. Not like I like the fucking cat. Just don't want him scratching my eye out."

"Yeah. It'd be horrible if you turned out deaf AND blind." Kirishima says.

Bakugou flips him off.

The others start laughing and Bakugou scoffs and turns off his hearing aids.

"Wha-!? Come on!" Kirishima exclaims, though Bakugou doesn't hear him.

"Bakugou is deaf?" Hitoshi asks.

"Yeah." Kaminari says once he calms down. "We were all super surprised when his hearing went out in the middle of an exercise. He almost killed himself because he couldn't hear us. Except for Midoriya. I guess because they grew up together, he always knew that Bakugou was going deaf."

"Hmm..." Hitoshi motions to Bakugou, who glares over at him.

Fuck you, fucking bitch

"Eh!?" Bakugou yells.

Midoriya starts laughing, as he was the only other one who caught on to what Hitoshi had signed.

"Too bad Aizawa knows it. Or we could use it in class." Hitoshi sighs.

"Yeah. Too bad." Kaminari sighs.

"It would be irresponsible to use sign language to cheat in class!" Iida exclaims, chopping his hand in the air.

"Says the one with attempted murder." Hitoshi says.

Iida goes to say something, but stops. "And besides, who said it was gonna be used for cheating?"

"I..." Iida walks back to Ochako, who was holding back her laughs.

"Sorry babe." She apologizes. "But that was too funny."

"So anyways, are you gonna be able to stay up till midnight?" Denki asks.

"I have insomnia. Of course I'll be able to." Hitoshi says.

"We should get some drinks." Sero says with a smile.