Mind Breaker- Chapter 13

"I... kinda forgot that Hitoshi is Mind Breaker..." Kirishima mutters as the class sits in the dorms lobby.

Hitoshi had been asleep in the nurses office since the battle.
And they hadn't healed him, as he requested.

"Yeah. Same... same here." Midoriya says.

"He just... acted so normal." Kaminari says.

"This is my fucking fault." Todoroki mutters to himself, though the class hears him.

Todoroki had, like usual when anything happened regarding him, he blamed himself.

"Babe..." Midoriya says, like always, trying to tell him it wasn't.

"But it is! I'm the one who burned his arm!" Todoroki says.

"Well not really." All of their heads snap up to look at Hitoshi, who was being led in my Present Mic and Aizawa.

"It was already burnt." Hitoshi says.

"Hitoshi!" Said boy falls back as Kaminari rushes forward and envelops him in a bone crushing hug.

"Ah! Kaminari! That hurts!" Hitoshi says, trying to pry the smaller boy off of him.

"Shut up." Kaminari says, squeezing him tighter.

It may sound stupid, but the last time Hitoshi had received a hug was when he was 3 before his Quirk had developed.

And so, he had no clue what to do with his hands or even how to... hug people.

"Hey Kami. Give him some space." Kirishima says, pulling Kaminari off of Hitoshi.

Hitoshi let's out a breath of relief.

"Now, Hitoshi do you mind telling us why you had a knife? And where you got it from?" Aizawa asks.

"Yeah. I took it from the kitchen last night." Hitoshi says.

"Hitoshi! You said you left it at the dorms!" Iida scolds.

"I lied." He shrugs.

Iida goes into explaining what had happened in the boys locker room before the battle.

"Oh~" Present Mic says.

"Wait-- Hold up. You stole a knife to hurt yourself, and not kill any of us?" Tsu asks, raising both her hands.

"Uh... yeah. I'm kinda stuck here now. No point in really trying and escaping. I wouldn't get far anyways. Not with this choker on me." Hitoshi says, motioning to the choker around his neck.
"I'm going to sleep." He says, walking to the elevator and taking it to the second floor.

"Believe me now that he needs a Therapist Shota?" Present Mic asks Aizawa once the elevator doors close.

"I'll arrange it." Aizawa says.

"Good."

~Hitoshi's POV~

Yeah I had lied.

Everytime I even barely moved my right arm, I would feel immense pain all over my body. Not just my arm anymore.

I had to fake being okay though or else they would most likely hold me down and have Recovery Girl heal me.

Which I didn't want.

Now you're probably wondering why I wanted to keep it.
I'm in immense pain any time I fucking move. And it stings and burns and hurts.

It's cause I genuinely deserved it. I've killed innocent people. Not like I regret it, I quite enjoyed hearing them scream... and beg for me to not kill them... and feel their cold and liquidy blood on my hands...

Either way!
I deserve this scar.
And besides, I got it from my father. And... it's... stupid...

"That looks like a nasty scar there." My head snapped up at Shigaraki who's standing in the doorway to my room.
"Where'd you get it?" He asked, closing the door and sitting next to me on my bed.

"My father." I said as he examined the scarred, peeling, cut up, and burnt husk of an arm.

"Master could get you proper care on that. He likes you and most likely has a Quirk that can heal that." Shigaraki reached out to grab my arm, but I had quickly pulled it away.

"No. I... I deserve it." I defended.

"Seriously Mind Breaker?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay how about this?" He said.
I gave him a curious look. He smirked. "When the day comes, and it will, where you can rid yourself of the words your father said and stopped blaming yourself, you get that healed. How about we pinky promise on that?" He asked, holding out his gloved pinky finger.

"Okay." I said after a full minute of silence. I hook my pinky around his own, mustering up my best smile.

This was the only promise I intended to go through with.

Not until I could rid myself of my father.

Only then...

I lay on my back on the bed.

The purple light from my light illuminating the room.
The purple stars on the ceiling shone beautifully.
Nico laid on my pillow, purring in my ear as I pet him with my left hand.

I raise up my bandaged right arm.

Only then... do I intend to seek any proper care. Only then...

I flinch slightly as my face gets wet.
I wipe my eyes with my right hand, bringing it down.

Am I... crying?

When was the last time I had... let myself feel any emotion other than anger...?

A sob escapes my lips as I curl in on myself and cry... and cry...

~~~

Learning a bit more about Hitoshi every chapter, huh?

Please vote and comment!
It boosts my confidence on like, tenfold anytime someone votes, comments, or adds one of my books to their reading list.

Peace Out!
~Link