Mind Breaker- Chapter 10

~Hitoshi's POV~

I stood in a dark room.

I look around, trying to figure out where the hell I am.

"Boy!"

I freeze at the voice of my father. "No. No." I mutter, starting to shake in fear.

"Are you ignoring me!?" I'm picked up by my hair and thrown to the ground harshly.

"N-No father." I say, staring at the ground in fear.

Am I dreaming?

"Look at me when you speak to me brat!" My father yells, dragging me up by the front of my shirt.

"I-I'm so--rry." I say, groaning in pain.

"Cursed boy." He growls in my ear. I could smell the beer in his breath.
"It should've been you instead of your mother." He growls. "We should've left you on the streets the second your Quirk was discovered."

"I-I know." I say.

"You're worthless. Nothing. You're the reason she's dead!" I'm harshly thrown into the wall.

I know that!
I fucking know!
It's my fault for everything!
Everything... is my fault!

I shoot up in my bed, breathing heavily and shaking.

Nico was meowing worriedly on the ground, where I'm sure he had fallen when I snapped up.

"I'm fine Nico." I say, reaching down and picking him up.

I lay back down on the bed, arms hugging the now sleeping cat tightly.

I don't sleep for the rest of the night. Just stare at the ceiling lost in my own thoughts.

When my alarm goes off at 7 AM, I jump, but soon turn it off.

"Great. Another day of hell." I mutter, dragging my hand down my face.

I hold my arms above me.
"I'm gonna have to reapply the bandages. This wound is just getting worse each and every day."

I walk into my bathroom and reapply the bandages on my right arm. I take the bandages from my left arm and look at it.
Scars, but it's not bleeding. It'll be fine.

I put on my school uniform, put my gloves and boots on, and walk out of the room, promising Nico to be back at Lunch.

"Morning Hitoshi!" Kaminari says, gently wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Morning." I say shortly.

Huh. Since when do I let people touch me? Furthermore, when do I let people speak to me?

Fuck. This class is gonna be the death of me. More so, Human Pikachu here is gonna be the death of me.

"You look tired." Kirishima notes as we start walking to school.

"Didn't get much sleep last night." I say, my tiredness catching up to me.

"How much sleep did you get?" Mina asks.

"Like... 10 minutes. I stayed up the rest of the night." I say.

"Hitoshi!" Kaminari scolds.

"It's fine Kami. I've gotten less amount of sleep." I say, leaning against him for support.

"When was that?" Sero asks.

"I didn't sleep well for a whole two weeks. And finally, I passed out after a fight with some thug. I was asleep for like... 24 hours or more. Dusty thought I was dead." I laugh at the memory of him on the verge of tears thinking that I had died.

"Hitoshi you're gonna pass out. You're literally leaning on me for support." Kaminari says, picking me up more.

"I'm... fine."
I trip over a rock.
Stupid fucking pebble.

"Shit!" I curse, gloved hands scraping the ground.

"All right." I'm hoisted up by an arm around my waist.
"Just lean on me for the day Hitoshi." Kaminari says as I lean on him and we continue walking.

I flinch slightly as Kaminari's left hand wraps around my right hand.
I look over at him, and he gives me a toothy smile.

His eyes are so... electric. So warm. So beautiful.
As I said, these guys are gonna be the complete death of me...

Word Count
637