Mind Breaker- Chapter 29

~Hitoshi's POV~

"Your home is nice." I say as we trudge through the slighrly shoveled driveway.

"Why thank you." Kaminari says. "You keep scratching your arm. Are you nervous?" Kaminari asks, looking down at my arm.

"Yeah." I say, nodding my head. "I'm just glad it doesn't hurt anymore."

"C'mere." Kaminari wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. Nico hisses in protest, but I start petting him and he calms down.

Kaminari tries the door and it opens.

"Guess who's home!?" He calls loudly into the house.

"Denki!" A little girls voice says.

Kaminari let's me go as the little girl hugs him tightly.

She has long, dark blonde hair and sky blue eyes.

"Hey Lily!" Kaminari says.

"Fucking dammit! Just give up already!"

"Dad? What's going on?"

"Go back to your room Lily! Now!"

The little girl flinches as she looks at me.

Finding him turning to hit his unmoving daughter I stab him in the back.
His body falls to the ground.

"Thank you." She says before I leave.

I turn and look at her.

I sigh, and lean down so I'm eye level with the young girl.

I pull off my hood and slip my mask off.

"You're... Mind Breaker?" She whispers, eyes wide with fascination as she looks at me.

"He can't hurt you anymore, okay? And if you can do me a favor, don't tell anyone you saw my face or heard my voice." I say, mustering up my best smile at the young girl.

"Yes sir!" She says, nodding her head vigorously.

"Tell the Police what this man did. Do you have a place to go to?" I ask.

"M-My aunt and uncles. A-And my cousin! They're super nice!" She says, smiling.

"Okay. Now I gotta get going. Stay safe." I say, ruffling her hair, and then bolting out as the sound of the sirens reach my ears.

Lily looks up at me with wide eyes.

Just then, two people walk into the hallway. By the resemblance, I'm guessing it's Kaminari's parents.

I avert my gaze from the girl, and look up at them.

"I-It's nice to meet you Mrs. And Mr. Kaminari." I say, bowing my head.