Mind Breaker- Chapter 8

~Hitoshi's POV~

"I found him in a free cat box." I say, petting the cat. "He just stuck with me after that." I tell Erasurehead.

"A free--? He probably needs to take his shots Hitoshi." Aizawa says in a kinda scolding manner.

"I was a homeless twelve year old who just got beat for stealing a slice of bread." I snap harsher than intended. "Do you think I had the money for that? And besides, the note I found with him said he had already taken it." I say.

An uncomfortable silence falls over the two of us.

"Stop scratching your arm."
My head snaps up at him.
I look over at my right arm, and sure enough I was scratching my arm through my sleeve.
I pull my hand away, and after two seconds, pain flares through my arm.

"Shit!" I curse.

"What's wrong?" Aizawa asks. He sounds genuinely concerned.
Shit Hitoshi don't talk like that!
Nobody gives a damn.

"I'm fine." I say.
"Let's go back to the school." I stand up, but when I move my arm my knees buckle and I fall to the ground.

"Holy--!? Hitoshi you're bleeding!" Aizawa yells.

I look down at my arm.
The bandages were falling out of the sleeve and blood was falling on the carpet as well.

"We should get you to Recovery Girl." He goes to help me up, but I smack his hand away.

"I'll be fine!" I yell.
"Just gotta... reapply the bandages." I walk to my bathroom and slam the door open. I don't bother closing it as I slip my jacket and button-up off and unwrap the bandages.

I can feel Aizawa staring at the scars littering my body.
But then he sees my right arm.

"The hell happened?" He whispers.

"My bastard of a father." I say as I take out the bandages from under the sink. "Before I killed him, cut up and burnt my right arm. Lucky for me, I'm ambidextrous. I can still use my right arm, but it hurts like a bitch. I use this," I hold up the cream, "To ease the pain. Even though, it still hurts like hell."

"Why wouldn't you tell us about this? Recovery Girl could heal this for you."

"Cause I deserve it. And besides, I've gotten used to the pain." I lean against the wall and start wrapping the bandages around my arm.

"Why would you deserve that!?"

I give him a 'Do you know who I fucking am?' look.

"Okay but still. You're trying to get better. Why would anyone, no matter how bad, deserve to be in pain twenty four seven?"

"Let's just get back to the school Erasurehead." I stand up and start walking out.

I turn and look at him.
"Well?"

~~~

"Hey Hitoshi!" An arm is thrown around my shoulders.