Mind Breaker- Chapter 1

"Hey Nico."
Mind Breaker picks up the black cat. The cat meows worriedly.
"Hm?" He looks at the blood on his boots. "Ah shit. Where the hell is the bleach?"
He walks farther into the apartment.

He walks into the kitchen and reaches under the sink.

After a few minutes, he had completely cleaned his boots.

He turns on the TV and switches the channel to the news.
An annoyed meowing interrupts him.

He looks over at Nico, his cat, and rolls his eyes.
He reaches his hand out and starts petting the black cat.

"Sometimes I wonder if you can understand me." He mutters as he peers curiously at the cat now on his lap. "Oh what are you thinking Hitoshi? Cats are all knowing all powerful. Course he can."

"Right. I'm tired, so I'm gonna go get ready for bed. Get off Nico." The cat jumps down from Hitoshi's lap and follows the young boy to his room.

Nico rests on the cat bed and closes his eyes, falling to sleep within seconds.

"Lazy cat." Hitoshi mutters as he takes off his jacket and shirt.
He glares at the bandages covering his entire right arm from the shoulder all the way down to right above his wrist.

He quickly pulls on a long sleeved purple shirt and changes into baggy black sweatpants.

He flops onto the bed covered in blankets and pillows.
He looks up at the ceiling and after a minute turns the lamp off.

He doesn't fall asleep until 7 AM and wakes up at 8 AM to constant knocking on the door to his apartment.

He groans in annoyance and sits up.
"Who the hell is outside?" He mutters as he stands up and takes his knife and slowly makes his way to the door.

He doesn't even notice the absence of his cat, Nico.

He peers out of the peephole in the door and his eyes widen as he backs up.

Erasurehead, of all people, stood outside. Waiting patiently with Nico in his arms.

"Shit. Shit." Hitoshi mutters. "How the hell did Nico even fucking get out!?" He whispers angrily.

He breathes in and out to calm himself, puts the knife on the table next to the door, out of sight but easy to grab, and opens the door.

"Ah. I thought nobody was home. Is this your cat? They kinda led me back here." Erasurehead says, looking the young boy up and down.

He seems quite young to be living alone... Erasurehead thinks as he looks at him.

"Yup." Hitoshi holds out his arms and Nico jumps into them, meowing softly. "No clue who the hell he fucking got out though."

"You look quite young to be living alone kid." Erasurehead says.

"Yeah well," Hitoshi sets the cat down so that he could grab the knife easier if it came to it, "I'm 21." He lies. "Thanks anyways." He closes the door in his face and waits for him to leave.

"Well, Nico, get ready. We're skipping town again." Hitoshi says as he walks into his room and starts packing his belongings.

He really didn't have much.
Just three changes of clothes, the same pair of boots every day, same jacket, water bottles, device to listen to music, headphones, laptop, and bathroom essentials.

He's wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a black skull shirt, the purple jacket, and the cleaned boots from last night.
He pulls the hood over his head.

Nico jumps onto his shoulder and rests there.

"Again, lazy ass cat." Hitoshi mutters as he sneaks out the back window.

This apartment wasn't even his. The two people that owned this apartment were on vacation or some shit. Hitoshi didn't bother checking.

He starts walking through the alleys of the town, and soon pulls the tarp off of a dark purple bike.

"Alright Nico. You've gotta get in my bag now. I don't want you to fall off the bike again." Hitoshi says, opening the bag on the floor.

Nico climbs into it, and Hitoshi zips it up, but keeps it open enough for Nico to stick his head out and breathe.

Hitoshi clicks on the purple helmet and starts up the bike.
After a second, he zooms out of the alley and onto the streets.

He gets out of the town quickly and easily.

What he doesn't know however, is that Erasurehead had gone into the police station with a picture of the boy leaving on the bike.

"You really think it's him?" The Chief of Police asks.

"Yeah. He matched what little everyone knows about him." Erasurehead says.

"How big will this be?" The Detective asks.

"Big. Mind Breaker has killed many. Most are Heroes or abusers. Some are Civilians randomly targeted." The Chief says.

"We're finally gonna catch him." Erasurehead says.

Word Count
802