Mind Breaker- Chapter 18

~Hitoshi's POV~

"Why did you guys help me?" I ask the class once we get into the classroom.

"Well because. You're in our class! You're one of us. And if you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" Kirishima says.

Sero rubs the black eye he got from Bakugou. "Yeah. And we also protect eachother from getting expelled. Even if it means we ourselves get hurt." He mumbles.

Bakugou just laughs.

"H-Hey Hitoshi." I look over at Tsu. The entire class does actually. "I-I'm sorry! What I said last night I shouldn't have! It was rude! And you are trying to get better!"

"It's fine." I say. "I got worse than that from strangers and my father. I just... haven't heard it in a while." I say, rubbing the nape of my neck.

She gives me a smile, and I try my best to give her one back.

"You look like you've seen a dead body. We're gonna have to work on that smile." Bakugou says.

"Wha--!? Says you!" I say.
The class falls into laughter.

"Hey Hitoshi. I've got to ask..." I look over at Midoriya. "Your arm..." He trails off.

"Is it because I burnt it the other day?" Todoroki asks.

I sigh. "Shit." I mutter. "You really wanna know?"

The class nods their heads and words of agreement come from all of them.

"Okay. But uh... those with a weak stomach, I advise you to... brace yourselves." I say.

I walk to the front of the class and take off my jacket and then slowly unbutton the buttons on my right arms sleeves and slowly pull it up.

The class gasps as they look at my mangled arm.

"Oh my god." Yaoyorozu gasps, placing her hands over her mouth.

"What... did I do that?" Todoroki asks, looking shocked and scared and worried.

"Only made it a bit worse. It's been like this since I was nine." I say. "My father was, yet again, blaming me for my mother's overdose and everything bad that had happened, and he... got a little... more mad than usual. He cut my arm up. Using a knife. He practically carved it. Then he... poured gasoline on it and dropped a lighter on my arm. After he put the fire out, I killed him, packed a bag of stuff, and ran. Ever since you burnt it Todoroki, every time I move it I just feel pain all over." I say.

"Why don't you heal it!? That could kill you!" Sero yells.

"It's quite stupid, but I made a promise with someone. He saw my arm, and made me promise that when the day comes where I can rid myself of the words my father planted in my head and stop blaming myself, I'll get this healed." I laugh dryly. "It's the only promise I wanna keep."

"Why?"

I look up at the class.