Mind Breaker- Chapter 30

~Hitoshi's POV~

"I'm sorry about my father." Denki says as we do the dishes.

"Eh. It's fine. I kinda expected it." I say, shrugging.

"Still! What he said was wrong and...!" He pauses. "Just plain rude."

"Okay. But still... I still have innocent blood on my hands. And sure, I did some good. But at the same time, I'm not a good guy. Nowhere close." I pause, peering at the knife I was drying in my hand.

"Hitoshi. I know that. Everyone knows that. But you're not bad. You're nice. Funny. Adorable. Cute. Amazing." Denki says, turning the sink off.

"Yeah but..." I set the knife down and grip tightly onto the edge of the counter. I look down at the ground, tears starting to fall down my face and hit the counter. "I... there's so many... families I've ruined!" My voice comes out broken and strained. "So many innocent people I've killed! For no reason! And I felt nothing! I... I know that what I did was horrible! And bad! And evil! But..." I bang my fist onto the counter. "So many... innocent people are... dead because of me. And I should feel bad, I do feel bad! I... I ruined so many lives. And it's all. My. Fucking fault."

Denki's arms wrap around my waist and his head rests against my back. "Just... think about the good you did and--"

I turn and push him away from me. "You think I don't!? I do know all the good I did! And most of those kids I saved don't even get the proper care or better family because of the stupid fucking system! I... Dammit." I fall to the ground, leaning against the cabinets. "I'm... haunted at night by the voices of the innocent people I killed. It's taking everything in my body to not grab this knife and just stab myself!"

"H-Hitoshi!" Denki stutters out worriedly.

"Damnit Denki. Why did the universe have to make me fall in love with you you?" I ask, looking up at the ceiling.

"Hey." I look at Denki, who's sitting on the floor in front of me. "B-Because! M-Maybe I'm meant to be the one who saves you! No. I am the one meant to save you. To save you from... yourself and other people! Like on the train! You didn't stick up for yourself because you believe you deserve it, and I know you don't. So I stuck up for you!" He smiles widely at me.

I lunge forward and wrap my arms around him, crying into his shoulder.
His arms wrap around me and he pats my back. "It's gonna be okay. I'm here. I love you." He whispers into my ear.
"Thank you." I whisper.

~3rd Person POV~

Haruki and Hinata stood outside the kitchen as they listened to the convo between the two boys.

"I'll give him a chance." Haruki says. "Denki seems to like him. So I'll try."

"Thank you." Hinata says.

"Come on Hitoshi. We're done with the dishes, so let's go to sleep. My first job as your guardian angel is to make sure you get some sleep!" Denki says, helping Hitoshi up.

"Idiot." Hitoshi mutters.

"Your idiot." Denki says, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.
The two walk out the other entrance to the kitchen and up to Denki's room.