Chapter 32

Rebekah gasps and Tyler stares at her gobsmacked. It was obvious they were mates but Rebekah's reaction confused me. She doesn't look very happy...

She suddenly had tears in her eyes and was shaking her head no "I..I can't lose another mate...I just can't" Rebekah said before speeding away.

Tyler looked crushed, He just stared at the spot she was standing with empty eyes.

I stood up and pointed to him "you, sit" I told him pointing to the couch. He does so almost zombie-like.

I looked at Elijah "explain" I said simply while glancing at Tyler very worried.  I gotta fix this! Look at him! It's like the life was drained out of him!

He put his head down and let out a deep sigh "Rebekah has always had two soul marks, she met one many years ago. He was like a son to Klaus but he died" Elijah said with a regretful tone.

I scrunch my eyebrows in though. "Are you talking about Marcel?" I ask.

Elijah nodded and I sucked in a breath "he's alive

Elijah nodded and I sucked in a breath "he's alive. He took over for Klaus when he left" I explain cautiously.

Both Elijah and Nik's heads shoot up "what!?" they ask at the same time dangerous looks growing in their eyes.

I raise an eyebrow at Elijah "didn't you read the notebooks?" I ask confused.

"I hadn't gotten that far. You mean to tell me he is alive" Elijah asked as Nik looked to be having an internal debate.

I nodded "yea and I have to go tell her" I say before walking away to the room I had given her last night.

When I entered I saw her sitting on the bed with her knees up against her chest, Se was obviously crying as her shoulders shook.

I decided to just get to it knowing if it was me I would want to know right away "Marcel is alive" I say simply

Her head shot up immediately and she was on her feet moving towards me "what do you mean he is alive?" she asked frantically.