Chapter 34

As we all watched Mikael burn I turned to Nik frantically "what happened?" I asked him with concern in my tone as I stepped towards him.

He put his head down "I wanted him to look into my eyes, it was a mistake" he said quietly.

I narrowed my eyes "you almost died Nik

I narrowed my eyes "you almost died Nik. trust me I understand but next time maybe ask the all-knowing mate before doing something stupid" I said in exaspiration. This motherfucker almost got his ass killed all so he can prove he was the bigger man! Damn, these men are going to kill me!

He gave me a sheepish look and I just shook my head and hugged him as close as I could while shaking slightly from the stress of almost losing him "I thought I lost you there for a second, don't ever do that again" I say with forcefulness in my tone making him nod before sinking into the hug.

I pull away with a deep breath "we need his ashes" I say before walking out with a shaky breath.

once I was out of the crypt I rubbed my hands over my face and took a deep breath.

I tried to calm down but the imprints were making me even more on edge.

It started getting so loud that I was panicking. Shut up! Shut up! Shut the fuck up! Goddamn it, I just need a minute to think! Please...

The sounds were getting overwhelming and I could feel myself bout to have a panic attack so I decided to do something.

Without a second thought I crouched down and put both my hands to the earth before setting each of the bodies buried below the ground on fire with a quiet whispered "Incendia". 

I felt as the imprints were released to go and join the rest of their original souls. 

Fire was the only way to cleanse an imprint from a body and set the soul shard free to go and join the whole.

All at once I felt the relief of the souls and I stopped hearing their pain in my head making my entire body slacken before I plopped myself down on the ground and took a few deep breaths until I felt okay enough to get back up and walk to the car.

The panic from almost losing my mates was more than I have ever felt before and it was overwhelming. 

~~~~~

Tyler volunteered to get the ash picked up and then we all left to go back home.

We didn't talk much but I could tell all of them were in shock that he was actually dead.

We were on our way into town when we passed over Wickery bridge "pull over when we are off the bridge" I told Elijah without any emotion in my voice.