06: Blindly

A/N: hope you are all having a great start to 2021! let's all embrace the new year with more dreams and may we make them all come true <3

Jungkook closed the door as he said his last goodbyes to Namjoon. When he heard the door close, the sound echoing and extending itself through the whole quiet and dead cabin; Jungkook's heartbeat stopped. With his hand still clutching the doorknob, he wondered if he could really do this. It was rather ridiculous and it made the Alpha laugh shakingly. All that power, yet, he had no strength and courage in him to tell the truth to his mate. He dragged his feet up the stairs, the sound of them hitting the floor echoed. His hands were next to his body, curled up in nervous fists. His mind was threading the perfect lines, the perfect lies and explanations that he had used so many times. Despite them being right there, at the tip of his tongue, ready to be fired; the Alpha's heart didn't allow him to say them. Jungkook, truly, didn't want to lie, especially to Hani. He had promised her to tell her the truth, always. And that's what he was set on doing. Jungkook was fearful, yes, hesitant. Perhaps, the Alpha had been so used to telling lies, keeping secrets, that, now, when he had to say the truth; his body failed him. Locked itself inside a little box and shut off his brain. Lies were natural to him, the Truth was foreign. And, even though, saying the truth hurt him; seeing his mate in pain was like death to him. An agonizing, slow and terrifying death that, little by little, ripped him of each of his limbs, yet, never allowing him to fully die in peace.

"Hani" Jungkook sweetly called for his mate from the other side of the door. "Baby? Is it okay if I come i-"

The door opened, surprising the Alpha. Hani was in one of his sweatshirts, it looked huge on her. Her cheeks were bright red and puffy, her eyes glossy – she had been crying again. They stared at each other, both with so much to say and lacking the words to say it. Jungkook's eyes fell to her ankle; it was no longer purple and green, and the swelling had subsided. Hani opened the door fully and stepped aside so that Jungkook could enter.

"You don't have to ask" Hani replied, turning her back to the Alpha and starting making her way to the bed. "This is your room too"

Hani barely put her right foot on the floor, causing her to stumble and waddle, rather painfully, towards the bed. Unable to see his mate like that, Jungkook gently picked her up in his arms. The girl was surprised at him but quickly wrapped her arms around his neck. As he set her down in bed, Hani's hands fell from his neck, grazing his chest. The Alpha winced in pain, worrying the girl. His body instantly moved away from her hand but it was all in vain. Hani's hands were clutching onto his shirt, preventing the Alpha from moving a slight inch away from her. Jungkook's eyebrows were scrunched together in pain and his eyes met Hani's with confusion.

"Let me see, Jungkook" Hani begged to her mate, her eyes wide open and worried. Jungkook swallowed the lump in his throat, his eyes drifting to another place in the room that wasn't her. "I'm worried, please. Just let me see if it's healing or not... that's all I'm asking"

Jungkook mouthed a small "fine" while nodding his head. Carefully, he pulled the sweatshirt over his head. He winced and squirmed when the fabric touched the wound. Hani's heart shattered as she saw the injury. It hadn't healed much since the last time she had saw it, three days ago, when they arrived at the pack. It had purple and green bruises around it, the skin was still red and the gash open – honestly, the more Hani looked at it, the more she realized it had not healed at all. She could not believe that, despite all the pain Jungkook was in, he still prioritized her; ignoring that he too was in pain. Instead of taking care of the gash in his chest, Jungkook was more concerned about Hani's ankle and the outburst of cries she had. Why had he hidden his pain away from her? Or did she not notice his pain, even though, it had been in front of her this whole time?