36: Smoke

"What are you going to do to him?" Hani asked, as she watched Jungkook close the trapdoor. He peered at her over his shoulder, briefly. "With Daejung?"

"Kill him" Coldly, he replied, brushing his dirty hands over his dark jeans. He reached out his hand for her to take and reluctantly, she did. "What else was I supposed to do?"

"He's naïve... I can't help but think that Ulric set him up" They walked back to the pack house in silence; their heads were still there, trapped in Daejung's words. "And he talked, Jungkook"

"He could have come and talked to me about it. As soon as Ulric approached him, I would have helped, baby... and you know it" Jungkook fired back, quickly; stopping on his tracks just to lock his eyes with hers. The small staircase that led to the pack house was behind them and even outside, they could hear the small cheers and giggles that filled the air inside. "He killed Zhelan. Tried to hurt you and Fai. Don't let your mind be softened by his tears... that's exactly what he wants. He had a choice, and he picked his fate."

At that precise moment, as the Alpha's words vanished into the air, the cabin's door opened, hurried footsteps marched his way, the skies darkened and the air became hot, stuffy. The 6 boys and Fai saw the mates, the mates saw them. The word 'Luna' echoed around frenetically around the air and, snapping her head abruptly, Hani spotted a young man running towards her. Around them, the people that strolled around the pack calmly, stopped and froze, they stared in wonder at the sky. Those who were inside the cabins or their shops gazed through the window, some, unable to contain their intrigue rushed outside. Panting, the boy reached them and swallowing in dryly, he tried to regain his breathing, so that he could speak.

"Smoke"

The Alpha muttered to himself; his eyes were wide open, panicking he stared at the grey clouds that floated through the air, just above his head. His stomach was turning, his heartbeat was no longer his; he no longer had any control over it. It ran incessantly in his chest, screaming, hitting, hammering his chest frightenedly.

"Luna... There's a fire" At last he could speak. Hani's gaze fell from the clouds of smoke, instead, finding the boy who stared at her worriedly. She felt her legs growing weak, as she realized from where the clouds came from. Terrified, her eyes froze and only did they awaken from their trance, once the boy confirmed her fears. "We believe it's your old pack... we received an emergency note just now. It's signed as Lily, they claim to be your friend"

The square white paper was crumbled in his hands, they shook furiously; yet, Hani ignored it completely. Leaving everyone behind her confused and lost, she sprinted. Jungkook's mouth opened in surprise, his hand lingered in the air – abandoned by hers. Once he realized how fast her figure was disappearing right in front of his eyes, his legs leapt forward, desperate to reach her; he called out for her anxiously, screaming her name at the top of his lungs, in order to catch her attention. But, the girl wouldn't stop, neither did she slow down. It wasn't that she was ignoring him; simply, she couldn't hear him. Her conscience was so imbued, drowned in the dread that tainted her, that nothing else could approach her, nothing else could she sense besides her own self. The Alpha still ran and it was only by the time they had stepped out of their territory, that Jungkook was able to grab her arm. Harshly, she was pulled towards him; her feet lifted off the ground and with a force able to shake her back to reality, her body collided with his.

"Are you insane?!" His hold on her arm was tight; revealing shyly to Hani, just how he feared she might be running away or that, perhaps, she would slip from his grasp unwillingly. He held her, as if she was his life line. A group gathered behind the duo which Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok were part of; all observed the mates warily, carefully. "You can't just run off like that! What are you even thinking on doing?!"