50: Proof

A/N: thank you so much for 9k, i love you so much.

In the middle of the snoring Alpha and the peaceful sleeper Luna, a tuff of dark wild hair peeked from under the sheet. It sprung into different directions, little curls formed on the top of his head, tangled with one another. Then, he moved. Mustering all the strength in his arms, the toddler pushed his body upwards. Sitting, he rubbed his drowsy eyes with his hands. The sun was shining brightly that morning, summer was a fun season around those parts of the woods. Hearing the faint sound of voices, Fai turned his head around in curiosity. The people were roaming around the place, conversating and exchanging different foods with one another. Bit by bit, it seemed, that they were naturally settling down. Only the Alpha and the Luna still slept. Fai with his big glowing eyes, stared thoughtfully, yet still clouded by sleep, at the mates. His gaze shifted between them, perhaps, he thought, they'd sense that he was awake. However, the mates were sound asleep, the days had been weighting on them a lot and, at last, they felt safe enough to rest. Nevertheless, the toddler had a different idea in mind; in fact, without them around to keep him company, he felt rather... bored.

Fai placed his hands on the ground and, with his legs, he tried to raise his body; but he was inexperienced. Indeed, he was able to a certain degree to achieve his goal. His arms and legs were stretched, yet, he hadn't really figured out how to get on his feet. So, with his ass sticking into the air, Fai's head dived straight into the ground. It was a light hit, however, as he felt his head collided with the floor, he leaned his body backwards, causing him to fall, arms wide open, onto the sheet. The toddler was rather persistent so, after a few minutes of contemplation, he rolled his body to the side. Crawling, he made his way towards the Alpha who snored loudly – in a sense, he resembled one of those dragons from the fairy tales Hani often told him before he went to sleep. That comparison appeared to awaken the boy's mischief. Chuckling softly to himself, the toddler climbed on top of Jungkook; the Alpha didn't budge at all, afterall, he was a deep slumber. Once he had found a comfortable position, his hands reached out for Jungkook's dark locks that, funnily enough, mimicked Fai's with their wild performances of acrobatics. Even harder the toddler giggled, now, as he clasped the Alpha's hair. And then, bravely, he tugged at them while his body bounced up and down on Jungkook's torso; turning the infamous intimidating violently Alpha into a... play dragon. Fai was so gentle, though, it did not stir Jungkook awake; instead, it was the toddler's heartfelt excited laughter that woke him up. Immediately, Jungkook's hands reached out to grab whoever was pulling on his hair, yet, Fai, witty as ever, let go as soon as he felt him moving. Hastily, he tried to escape yet, as he turned his body around, tumbling, he rolled down back to his spot in their makeshift bed.

"Fai... are you causing trouble again?" Groggily, lowly, Jungkook spoke while he struggled to open up his eyes. The toddler understanding quickly in what situation he was in, wiggled his body away from the Alpha as fast as he could. He aimed for Hani, her body was always the perfect hiding spot and he knew that Jungkook wouldn't dare to disturb her, especially when she was sleeping. However, before he could reach her, an arm sneaked under him, lifting him up and dragging him towards Jungkook's chest. "Don't you dare wake up your mother, Fai."

It was the first time Jungkook was saying it – "your mother". It caught him by surprise; the easiness, the naturalness with which it flew out of his mouth. It forced him to think - those two words. To, at last, recognize what was brewing, what was being slowly constructed in his heart and mind which such certitude, such assertiveness; it became tough for him to distinguish real from desire. Fai was so used to calling them "Ma" and "Pa", Jungkook believed the toddler wouldn't even comprehend what he was saying. However, he did. Grinning, Fai pressed his body closer to Jungkook's and with his little hands, he started tugging his shirt; motioning for him to get up.