55: Fai

A/N: heavy chapter ahead

A week had gone by. Jinsang hadn't left his cabin, yet. Many were the times in which Jungkook knocked on his door, asking if he had, finally, been able to decipher what he saw in Hani's memories. Still, in all those times, Jungkook received the same answer: Jinsang needed more time. To him, it was frustrating and nerve-wracking. Hani hadn't opened up about what had happened on that day, neither did Jungkook feel like pushing her. He could tell it had shaken her up a lot, yet, the girl was putting in the effort to hide it from him; to put on a brave face despite the turmoil that swirled inside her. Plus, they had so much going on outside of their relationship that it was tough for both of them to be selfish and just put everything aside just to discuss their emotions. The Luna, and he knew, had chosen to focus on all the positive things that were happening in their life, instead. The new cabin, Fai's playroom, how the toddler refused to sleep in his bed and waddled back to their room in the middle of the night. The dinner Jungkook had arranged with her family and the way Haewon, her father, was utterly endeared by everything Fai did. Despite all the troubles and the questions they were forced to face every day, Hani was happy. And that's how the Alpha whished her to be, forever.

Hand in hand, Hani and Fai trailed along the woods. The toddler carried with him the wooden wolf that he had, the day prior, decorated with all the colours they had at home. Hani had a basket that swayed front and back as they walked. The Alpha had escaped into the forest outside of the cave that morning; he had seen a light coloured tree there which he was certain would be the perfect choice for the furniture of their cabin. He had been putting so much work into making the perfect house for them, into protecting the pack, strategizing and finding food for everyone. And despite all the work and the trouble, Jungkook was cheerful, giddy. Still, Hani had prepared a small surprise for him. Inside the basket she carried in her hand, Hani had prepared some food and drinks with the help of her sous-chef, little Fai. Well, in reality, he was more of the tasting kind, rather than of the cooking; no matter what, Hani really, really enjoyed his company and presence. With him around, that boy as small as the petal of a flower, lighted up her whole world with just a blink of his eyes. Namjoon was in charge of controlling the entrances and exits of the pack; thanks to him, Hani was able to discover exactly which path of the forest Jungkook had taken. And, soon, his figured appeared in the distance. Fai's feet tapped excitedly on the floor, once he caught sight of the Alpha and him and Hani, with the same sweet tone of their voices, called for him. As usual, the toddler ran towards his arms; chuckling as the Alpha threw him into the air, only to catch him just as fast. By nature rooted in them deeply and innately, Jungkook's lips pressed strong kisses on Hani's which she, eagerly and giggling, responded to.

"I thought you came here to cut some wood for a kitchen cabinet..." Chuckling softly, Hani scanned the floor around them. In fact, there was a pile of logs already nicely and meticulously organized; however, the place in where Jungkook had been previously sitting on, had something much more... interesting in it. Smiling, Hani quickly recognized the shape the two small branches were slowly becoming. "Making more wooden wolves?"

"Well... these ones are special." Jungkook put Fai down on the floor and on cue, the toddler sped off towards the logs, curious to touch them and see up close the different colours each of them was imbued in. The Alpha picked up the two pieces of unfinished work and tenderly, he handed them to Hani. "It's a female wolf and a small... tiny... itty bitty wolf"

Laughing softly, Jungkook's bruised fingers trailed the smaller wolf. Immediately, Hani knew who they were. Her heart fluttered lovingly at the Alpha who, gently, gazed at her with wondrous, shiny eyes. The toddler, intrigued by the mate's conversation, waddled towards them and his hands grasped Jungkook's pants for support.