45: Home.

Fai stared wide-eyed at the Alpha above him. Under him, Hani and the toddler were completely covered by Jungkook's body. It must have been a matter of minutes, yet, the time seemed to move slowly in Hani's eyes, for she anxiously waited for the rope to snap. The blood dropped onto her, resembling the ticking of a clock. Not even once, did the Alpha's eyes shift towards her; they were concentrated on the two wolves who circled him, fangs sharp, growling impatiently. Then, out of luck perhaps, the two wolves' paths crossed; aligning their bodies. This the Alpha took advantage of, greatly. Without showing a sign or a trace of action, without ever alerting or giving away his movements; he leapt forward, throwing both of the wolves to the floor together. Now, he hovered them, eyes blood red. Harshly, he grasped the grey wolf's head; squeezing it aggressively, threatening to shatter his skull with his bare heads. Under him, the dark brown wolf, squirmed; desperately he tried to break free from the weight the Alpha applied onto both of them, trapping them under him powerfully. The grey wolf panicking let out, what appeared to be, screams from his mouth; painful, horrifying ones that caught the attention of the group that, until then, hadn't noticed the scene.

Fumbling with the sheet, Hani hurriedly pulled it off. She clutched the toddler tightly in her arms, sheltering him against her chest. And rapidly, she got up with him as she gazed worriedly at the bleeding Alpha. So, driven by a sudden feeling of leadership, of duty, her words started pouring out of her lips. Screaming, she called out for everyone to wake up, thinking that they could help Jungkook or, perhaps – although she hoped not – other wolves might be lingering around. Help, in fact, was not needed. Before anyone could even realize the Alpha's wound, Jungkook, growling loudly, lifted the grey wolf by its head. He raised him up high and, using the balance, he smashed his head against his partner. Blood splashed all over Jungkook's face and the collision, absolutely brutal, killed immediately the grey wolf. The other one, dizzy and hazy due to the impact, barely could see Jungkook's face. The only thing, the sole characteristic he could spot, was the eyes that pierced into his wrathfully; coated in red, blood, fire, all shades of that same colour. Red was the last thing he saw, before his head fell from his shoulders, rolling and fumbling across the dirt.

Everyone was awake. And, unfortunately, some had watched the slaughter that tainted Jungkook's hands. However, the Alpha couldn't care less. Jogging, he completely ignored the wound on his neck; he dashed right towards Hani and Fai. The betas approached them too, hearts beating fast. Jungkook's hand reached forward to touch the girl, yet, reluctantly, he retraced it. It was her, instead, who leapt into his arms. Naturally, he embraced her; taking a breath of relief, he closed his eyes. The Luna's hands caressed his cheek and down they trailed, until they reached his neck. Jungkook slightly leaned his head to the side, allowing her to see the gash, deep and long, that dived into his skin.

"You need to get checked up. Wait, J-"

"No" Sternly, the Alpha stopped her and her eyes widened in shock. He glanced at the group who observed them and biting his lip in frustration, Jungkook debated about what to do. Yet, he was given no time to actually think it through; he heard footsteps, a lot of them. "We need to go, now. Grab the men, form the groups, tell everyone that we're going"

The betas promptly nodded their heads before each of them followed through with Jungkook's orders to the smallest of details. Hani was speechless, overwhelmed at everything that had happened in front of her eyes. Jungkook, utterly blinded by panic, started messily throwing their things into their bag while he scanned the woods, constantly searching for any possible threats. Hastily, he gave her the bag and when the girl didn't react; forcibly, he put it on her shoulders. The Luna opened her mouth, however, a frightened scream called out for Jungkook. His head snapped and the Alpha, like the Luna, watched horrified, how wolves, one by one, started hunting down their pack. It was chaos, people stumbled on their own feet; desperately they attempted to collect all their belongings, crying they cradled their children. Even strongly, Hani held Fai; hiding his face in her chest, so that the boy wouldn't have to see it.