53: Beginnings

"Namjoon, please start gathering the logs to their designated areas. Taehyung, are you done with forming new scouting groups? I want to get a mapping of the forest as fast as possible."

The True Alpha's orders boomed around the empty air; echoing and startling awake the tired and exhausted men. Surrounding the tiny round table, the 6 betas patiently waited for their own commands and for the plan of that day. Already at that early hour of the day, were men scattered around the place retrieving the broken logs and cleaning out the area, so that, the cabins could start being built.

"This whole... prophecy mystic thing is, honestly, really odd" Leisurely, Yoongi pointed out as he scanned the scenery. Jungkook's gaze raised from the map that was still missing some areas of the cave and of the territory, to face him. "I'm just glad that we have more than enough space to settle and that we don't have to risk our necks anymore, just to get some food. Also, you seem to be handling all of this pretty well. I'm surprised."

"Yoongi, you're in charge of making the inventory. Go around the pack and ask people what food do they still have left." The Alpha continued on delivering assignments and it appeared that he was ignoring that conversation that, surely, was bound to arise. Yet, once he was pleased with the plan, lightly, he chuckled at the older male. "I have some help... Just, I guess they make me feel like I'm doing this for them and that I'm not on some sort of... adventure quest for the saving of the world."

Naturally, as those words fell from his lips, Jungkook's attention shifted towards the giggles that filled the air. With his feet on the stream, Fai splashed the water with the help of Hani that, gently, bounced him up and down. The toddler was having so much fun, the laughter wouldn't stop. At times, Hani would have to stop, because the toddler's legs would become wobbly due to the amount of excitement that ran through his veins. Lovingly, the Luna gazed at him and despite how soaked she was getting, enthusiastically she laughed alongside him. The Alpha blossomed into a smile, one so big, so bright that caused the boys' eyes to widen in surprise. And none of them had the guts to call Jungkook back to reality, or to ask him pending questions concerning their tasks. They doubted they could even become the object of his focus, again. Not after noticing how his eyes had locked with Hani's, how they smiled lively at one another as Fai continued on thumping with his feet on the water. The boy's head raised abruptly, as soon as he heard Jungkook calling out for him in the distance. Quickly, he attempted to get out of the water stream but the current, although weak, slowed down his legs; instead of running, he waddled. Hani placed her hands on his armpits and gently, raised him up, only to put him back down swiftly, on the grass. He wiggled his toes in curiosity, enjoying the way it tickled his feet and at them, he giggled.

"C'mon Fai, Papa is calling"

Tenderly, Hani spoke to him and, with just a gentle push, the toddler's feet started moving. His lips were pursed together in concentration, his arms spread wide open and carefully, he avoided the roots of the trees and the rocks that sprung from the ground, like the Luna had warned him, moments ago. Behind him, Hani kept a close eye on him, just in case he lost his balance. Once he reached the place where the Alpha stood, Fai lifted his head and grinning, he allowed Jungkook to hold him in his arms. A strong kiss was pressed on his chubby cheek and Fai's tiny hands clutched Jungkook's shirt, as he nuzzled his face into his neck. The same cheeky kiss was left on Hani's lips and with his hand on her hips, the Alpha guided her towards the table.

"Fai, I have a task for you" Jungkook stated while he sat the toddler on top of the map that was opened on the surface. Curiously, the boy stared at him and rather amusedly, he tapped his hands on the paper, attracted by the drawings and doodles that decorated it. Jungkook leaned into him and delicately, he placed his head on top of Fai's, which caused the boy to chuckle lightly. Then, with his hands he pointed at two different circles on the map, before saying. "Papa is having trouble deciding where we should build our house. So, I was thinking that maybe you could choose? Either by the lake or here. If Mama doesn't mind it, of course, it's up to you to decide"