13: Divine

"What do you mean?" The Alpha was the first to break the silence that had installed in the room after Jimin's bold statement. Jimin and Hani faced one another, their eyes unable to drift to other things in the room; both carrying guilt, remorse, sadness and pain – a wave of tears. They reflected each other. Hani felt her body empty, becoming a void. All emotions vanished from her, taking with them all thoughts and existence her body once carried. Taehyung was frozen. His eyes were wide open, staring at an object, far in the room, numbly – he never really knew what happened to Jimin's sister. Jungkook was the only one, the only breathing organism in the room whose reaction was triggered. His heart was convulsing, losing the balance inside its chest as Jungkook's mind wondered, wondered, wondered, wondered.... never-stopping it ran in circles, refusing to accept the possibilities that those words were providing. "Jimin, what do you mean your sister died in Hani's name? This makes no sense!"

"And do you think this makes sense to me?!" Jimin's voice raised, his body jolting up from the couch. His hands were balled into fists, clutching onto the fabric of his shirt and he cried. The tears didn't stop, they refused to. Down his cheeks they ran, soaking his shirt, making it harder for him to speak. Sobs mixed with the words and with each of them, more Hani's heart shattered; with each sob, the girl crumbled, shattered like glass. "They came into our pack, a bunch of wolves demanding to see all of our female pack members. They forced us to gather all of them, pilling them up like cattle ready for slaughter. My sister, she too was forced. Me and my father could do nothing, none of us could... they were far many than us, far stronger and they threatened to kill us if we didn't do as we were told... Back then, the request seemed ridicule, we downplayed it as a joke thinking they were just searching for someone in specific... and then... then that wretched witch came forward."

Jimin was painted in rage and anger, spitting the venomous words as he spoke. In his mind, it was clear to all, the images of that day were clear and vibrant; one would believe it had not been that long since such a terrible event had happened. The day had marked Jimin's existence far strongly than he ever wished to. The details had all stuck to him, becoming parts of his own body. If he closed his eyes, perfectly the scene would replay in his head. Persistently, he was reminded of how cowardness had pushed him to run away. Persistently he was reminded, how fragile life is.

"She asked them to line up, she scanned them and then she chose the brown eyed ones, then only those who had brown eyes and brown hair. We asked questions to the witch, she nothing said. Not even once did she look our way. But then my sister spoke... Jihye" The name resembled a broken cry, shattering itself on Jimin's lips. He stopped, trying to calm down the outburst of sobs that were begging to be let out. "She demanded to know what was happening and, finding it amusing, the witch spoke. A dream. The witch had a dream with a brown haired, brown eyed girl and she was in search of her. She wanted to take her to her pack, said that they were destinated to meet. She called her Selene's tear, a drop of the Moon Goddess on earth. And in the dream, the blessed girl met the cursed one – a red eyed boy."

Jungkook's eyes snapped towards Hani, shaking and wavering in confusion and bewilderment at everything Jimin was sharing. Hani was trapped in a whirlwind of emotions, questions, fears. Nothing of this, she had ever heard about. It frightened her, made her question everything that had led her to that moment in her life. Everything that had led her to Jungkook.

"Jihye told the truth, said she did not know anything about that dream or the girl. The witch asked for a knife, laughed, called her naïve. Not even the girl herself knew she had been chosen by Selene, the goddess never reveals her secrets, yet, she knew them. There was one characteristic the girl possessed that no other had – clear red blood. Blood so clear, you'd see your reflection in it. All of them were grabbed, slashed open like a pig. They screamed in pain, begged for mercy. My sister not even a blink of an eye gave to that witch, instead, she cursed her, telling her she'd never find the girl. Enraged, my father tried to save my sister, but it only caused my whole pack to receive the same fate as them..." Silence overfilled the room as Jimin cleaned his tears with the back of his hand. He sat down, his body falling limp on the couch as if it was dead. His breath was rough, fast, troubled. Despite his efforts, quiet tears spilled from his eyes as he relieved his sister's final moments, the final seconds before he lost his place on earth. "She told me to go, to leave and without ever hesitating... I did. I left all of them behind me... their blood... forever staying on my hands. After that, I searched for the red eyed boy, thinking that I'd find the girl since she was, somehow, connected to him or eventually, their paths would merge. But... I don't know... after so many years, that goal vanished from my mind. It was all so long ago, the girl was forgotten, erased from people's memories... what assured me she wasn't dead already? So, when you talked about the separation trauma, the lineage, the moon goddess choosing you... I just knew the girl was Hani. That what she meant with you two 'meeting', was actually hinting at the bond you share. So, please, if you have any respect for me, any mercy towards a broken person... do not lie to me. Do not try and fill my head with lies and misdirections. Hani's wolf is white, is it not? She heals faster when she is around you, you two found the cave did you not? Did you perhaps saw the dream the witch spoke about? Do you perhaps know what did my sister die for?"