47: Past

A/N: the following chapter is 1/3 of the chapters that will be posted throughtout this day, please stay tuned and enjoy <3

They had waited for night time to arrive to have that conversation. The Alpha, despite how eager he might have been to find out the truth, made his priority, first and foremost, settling the group down at the cave. The group was too tired and Jungkook took that into consideration as he organized them all. He had asked for 5 volunteers to stay on watch throughout the night, he assured them by explaining that it was going to be a rotative task amongst the members. Namjoon was surprised, when the Alpha told them to station themselves inside the cave, by the boulder. The most logical choice, he assumed, would be to have them at the entry of the cave itself. Yet, very hastily and without going into much detail, Jungkook explained that when him and Hani were attacked, he suspected that the group of wolves had sneaked inside through the whole in the ceiling. Still, in case he was wrong, the decision he had made was the safest one. Despite wherever their enemies entered through, they'd be forced, no matter what, to go through the room with the engravings. Then, the Luna and the Alpha attempted to come up with a solution, concerning where would the people sleep. They had only the cabin, however they found it unfair for the rest; so, instead, they agreed that, that night, all of them would sleep outside. When the morning came, then Jungkook and the rest of his men could start building new homes for everyone.

The magical aura of the place was enticing everyone; it caused them all to fall in love with the scenery and the little treasures it hid. They were very happy to hear that they were free to roam around the place as much as they desired, since Jungkook had double checked that it was safe to explore. Only him and Hani, already familiar, rooted to that area, stayed put. Perhaps, that explained the lack of people surrounding them. From where she stood, sitting on the grass, Hani could hear the faint laughter of the children, the lively conversations people shared as they furthered into the woods. Fai was sitting on the floor too in between her legs. The toddler played with the wooden wolf and the other toys he had brought along – far many than initially Hani had allowed him too, Jungkook was rather persuasive. The Alpha, next to them, focused his gaze on the playful fire that, in front of him, swung side to side; as if luring him. Yet, the relationship that bonded them to one another, was not kind. It was rather warily that he watched it, maybe, he thought, one minute of blindness, of carelessness, and that flame would swallow him in, again. On the other side of the fire, Jinsang calmly scanned the blaze and, occasionally, he'd steal glances at the toddler. When he did, his eyebrows would scrunch, his eyes would sharpen. Something about the boy intrigued him, sparked his curiosity.

At last, Haewon and Alec joined the group, which already had the 6 betas patiently surrounding the small bonfire. With them all reunited, the Alpha, slowly, raised his head to face Jinsang. He stared directly into the older man's eyes, yet, the determination, the fierceness in them was wavering, hesitant. Hani felt the same way, as well. They had always wanted to know the truth about everything, to be able to finally understand who they were, what they were meant to do and what they had done. However, was it a truth that they were ready the face? Was knowing the truth more painful than staying in the dark about things? And they wondered, if whatever words and lines were about to fall from Jinsang's mouth, would change everything: themselves, their relationships, their pack. Was that a risk that they were willing to take?

"I have been thinking about the words that I want to say. I have been preparing to the utmost of my efforts for this day and still..." Jinsang started, yet, a deep breath slipped from his lips; revealing to the mates that the things he wished to tell them, weighted heavily on his heart. "I don't know where to start."

"The beginning" Strongly the Alpha stated, not appreciating the time it was taking for the older man to speak. For a brief second, Jungkook glanced at Hani, making sure that both him and the girl were on the same page about this. "The beginning of everything. The very start of this whole thing."