09: The black wolf

Jungkook was sleeping profoundly, his light snores had stirred Hani gently awake. Smiling, the girl turned around and left a quick teasing kiss in his neck. His cheekbones went up, his lips becoming a straight line as Jungkook tried to forbid a smile from growing on his lips. No matter how much he tried, Hani knew the glow, the aura that left from his body when happiness consumed him. It was an emotion that was familiar to her, to them both. Hani knew her like it was the palm of her hand or a portion of her own body. In the midst of her soft laughs and chuckles, her lips met with his skin again; this time, lingering longer on him, sending the Alpha's heart into a frenzy of emotions. Playfully, Jungkook opened one eye, only to close it right after and snuggling closer to his mate. His chest vibrated pressed against hers as he laughed and giggled to Hani's excited kisses, which she was spreading all over his face.

"Baby" Hani cooed, honey spilling from her lips, dripping onto Jungkook's heart. "C'mon, we have to go. You'd promised Namjoon you'd help him out. We have been avoiding our responsibilities too much"

A long, long, long sigh echoed in the room as Jungkook hid his face deeper into Hani's neck. He was all wrapped around her, his leg was over her body, not letting the girl escape from his grasp even for a second. Continuously, Hani kept on calling for him while trying to catch his attention by leaving kisses on his exposed skin. Eventually, he raised his head, welcoming the new day.

"If you keep up with your little..." Jungkook dragged the words threateningly, his voice still gruffy and low since he had just woken up. He got up and, grabbing Hani by the white shirt she was wearing, he pulled her towards him. Hani was at the end of the bed, her legs spread apart and Jungkook leaned his body into hers, until their bodies were glued together. A sly smirk was on his lips as he, gently, guided his lips over her. "games, I won't be leaving the bed at all today. Neither of us will, matter of fact."

Rolling her eyes at her flirtatious mate, Hani mischievously trailed her hands down his chest, only to slightly push him off of her. However, as Jungkook laughed at her with a vibrant glimmer in his eyes, Hani's eyebrows scrunched in confusion. Jungkook looked down to her hands, to the place they had halted their path on. Immediately, he too became confused, surprised and, in some ways, frightened. The gash in his chest had disappeared completely, not leaving a mark, a scar or a sign that it actually had existed. It appeared to never have been there int the first place. Triggered by realization, Jungkook trailed his finger down Hani's legs, stopping at her once swollen ankle; the pain there too, had vanished. A confused glare was on their eyes as they met, locking with one another; asking the other if they were seeing the same thing. Unbelief was imbued in their faces; they believed their eyes were tricking them. Gently, Hani pressed the spot in the Alpha's chest, studying with her eyes his face; waiting for some sort of reaction, a whine or even a small blink of an eye. Nothing. He barely even flinched.

"Does it usually heal this fast?" Hani asked as she retraced her hand from the Alpha's chest. "To the point where you don't feel anything at all?"

"It never heals this fast. A gash like that would take, at least, two days to be completely healed. And even then, I'd still feel a tingling, a shiver." Jungkook sat down next to Hani in the bed and touched her ankle, gently; he, too, checking to see if it was completely healed. "I'm going to assume this is not normal for you either"

"It really isn't. I knew it was healing, slowly. But it... it just changed from one night to the other drastically." Hani's eyes were focused on her ankle, examining it thoroughly and detailly; perhaps searching for a lingering mark of the pain. "I don't understand how did this happen. Did something change, again? I mean, what could have possibly accelerated the healing?"

"Well, there must have been something that we did differently or that changed about us, from the previous days to last night" Jungkook pushed his hair back and reached for his shirt carefully placed on the chair by the bed. Hani was observing him in deep thought while the Alpha got dressed and ready for the day. "How are you feeling? In comparison to the previous day?"