Scars (Thriller Era)

"shhhhhhh" I giggled as Michael tried to unlock the door to his suite at Hayvenhurst; luckily he had a door that went directly out into the courtyard so we did not have to try and sneak through the main house but that did not mean we still would not wake someone up from the courtyard.

Michael had called me first thing the next day after we met and asked me if I wanted to watch a movie with him in the theater at Hayvenhurst – of course I agreed and for the last two weeks we had seen each other almost every day. We spent most of our time at Hayvenhurst because we did not necessarily want anyone knowing we were together yet and I was in the process of looking for a new place for myself. We did little things though to get out, one of our favorite things to do was drive up the coast after dark and pull off the road somewhere and find a little empty beach where we could walk in peace together or lay and look up at the stars.

Michael finally unlocked the door and it creaked in protest as he pushed it open, I walked inside still carrying the sand covered blanket we had stared at the stars from that night. Michael kicked the door shut with his foot and flipped on the lights as I tossed the blanket into a laundry basket on my way into the bathroom. After brushing my teeth I tossed my sand covered clothes to the floor and grabbed Michael's robe off the back of the door, put it on and walked back out into the bedroom where I found Michael drawing the shades. I mustered up the biggest yawn I could as I walked over to Michael who wrapped his arms around me "I think I need to go to sleep" I said through another yawn "goodnight sweetie" he replied kissing me on the forehead "are you coming to bed?" I asked climbing under the covers "yeah, I'm gonna go brush my teeth and I will be out" he said walking towards the bathroom "Michael" I called "yeah" he replied "will you turn the light off" , he nodded and flipped the light switch off as he walked into the bathroom.

As soon as I heard the bathroom door shut I sat up and tossed the robe to the floor beside the bed so I was naked beneath the covers. I pulled the blankets up to my neck and closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. Five minutes later I felt Michael crawl into bed next to me; he kissed me on the cheek and rolled over. After a few more minutes he rolled over again, wrapped his arm around me and sat up straight in surprise. I could not help but burst out laughing "where did your clothes go!" he asked in shock his voice cracking "away" I said still laughing "I thought we were going to bed" he said starting to regain his composure "well, we could go to sleep......" I said straddling him "........ or we could stay up a little longer" I said pulling his t-shirt off and tossing it to the floor "well I'm up now" he said smirking, I laughed and pushed him back down on the bed. His hands found my hips and he swiftly moved so he was on top leaning down he kissed me passionately as he kicked his pajama pants to the floor as well. I tangled my fingers in his hair as we continued to kiss moving his hand down he began to massage me, increasing the pressure on each pass I let out a gasp as he began to kiss my neck "oh god Michael" I breathed heavily, without saying a word he returned his lips to mine each kiss more intense than the next until he finally entered me. Reaching around I grabbed his hips pulling him deeper into me as the rate of our breathing increased so did the speed of our hips "oh god, oh god, oh..." Michael half moaned half yelled "right there baby, yeah just like that, god you feel so good" I whispered in his ear Michael sharply inhaled and leaning his head back exhaled as he peaked I followed shortly behind him. We both collapsed in a heap on the bed practically tangled in the covers.

Michael reached over me and turned on the lamp, I quickly pulled the covers to my neck "why don't you ever let me see you in the light?" he asked kissing my neck softly "you see me in the light all the time" I said in a pitiful attempt to avoid the question "you know what I mean" he said looking directly into my eyes "because I'm scared" I said averting my eyes "scared or what, you are beautiful" he said looking puzzled I felt the sting of tears come into my eyes and buried my face in the pillow, the blankets still held tightly around my neck "I'm sorry sweetie, I did not mean to upset you – you are so beautiful though, what are you so scared of?" he asked brushing my hair to the side and stroking my cheek "I... I'm scared that... you will leave" I said through muffeled sobs "why would I leave" he asked still stroking my cheek "when you realize how messed up I am" I cried "Y/N..." Michael said in a more serious tone "I want you to look at me" he said turning my chin with his finger and wiping the tears from under my eyes "my life has been turned upside down since the night I met you and it's amazing, as long as you want me I'm not going anywhere. I...I...I love you" slightly shocked at hearing him say 'I love you' I sat up, still holding the covers to my neck "you mean that?" I asked "with everything in my heart" he replied kissing me softly on the lips "I love you too" I smiled at him. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and dropped the sheet to my waist revealing a jagged scar that stretched from my left hip to the middle of my lower back. I sat motionless as Michael looked at me, after a minute I moved the sheet to reveal cigarette burns on the inside of my right thigh looking up I met Michael's gaze and saw tears forming in his eyes, he leaned in and kissed me "who did this to you" he asked, I tried to speak but it only came out as a mousy whisper "all these scars" he said tracing his fingers gently over the scars on my hip and thigh I shuddered starting to cry again. Michael wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close "it's ok, shhhhhh... you don't have to tell me until you want to" he leaned back and wiped the tears from my eyes "you are so beautiful... you should never doubt that" I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes as his fingers traced up and down my spine. There was something special about him... he said I was beautiful and for the first time I believed it.