Not always as it seems... (1995) *Role Play*

I sat down at the hotel bar and picked up the drink menu... "what can I get for you?" the bartender asked tossing a coaster in front of me "mojito please" I smiled and scanned the bar... I was pretty sure that this was going to end in chaos but it could be fun if it worked I suppose.

I opened my book as the bartender put my drink in front of me, I took a sip and mindlessly stirred my straw as I read

"Return until thine science, which wills, that as the thing more perfect is, The more it feels pleasure and of pain. Albiet that this people maledict to true perfection never can attain"

"Reading... at the bar, how can you concentrate?" A man in in dark shades and a black suit slid onto the stool next to me "it's alot easier when people are not talking to me" I replied without looking up "oof" he let out a low laugh "crown and Coke... and another drink for her" he nodded at the bartender.
"bet you think you're pretty smooth... I assume you think I'll have to talk to you now" "only if you want to..." I looked over to catch a small smile on his lips.

"I'll have you know I'm waiting on my husband..."

"he's aweful brave to leave you sitting here alone... "

"I think I can handle myself"

"I'm sure you can, I'm just saying, if you were my wife I would never want to let you out of my sight... and I certainly would never stand you up."

"what makes you think that he stood me up?"

"you've checked your watch at least 8 times since you sat down... and until I sat down you were constantly looking at the door"

"he's probably just running behind"

"40 minutes behind?"

"he could be, and how do you know how many times I looked at my watch any way?"

"you caught my eye the second you walked in... your beauty is intoxicating"

he leaned in and touched the small of my back as he spoke

"look... I'm flattered but my husband is amazing and I'm sure if he's not here it's for a good reason" I finished off my first drink and started the second

"well... if you decide you want some company I'm staying here at the hotel"
he slid a key into my hand
"I'm in room 1312 ... I'll be there for the rest of the evening and I would love to get to know you"

"you flatter me but no thanks..."
I pushed the key back towards him

"just hang onto it for a bit and leave it with the bartender if you leave"
he lowered his sunglasses and winked

"have a nice evening Mr. ... you know, I didn't catch your name"

"Mr. Nicholas"
he smiled as he got up from his stool and set a few twenties on the bar
"1312"
he said once more before walking away.

I nursed my drink and checked my watch again, I sighed and eyed the key sitting on the counter. Before I could lose my nerve I grabbed the key and made my way to the elevators.

The doors opened and almost immediately I was face to face with the door to 1312. I looked at the key one more time, took a deep breath and opened the door. The sheer linen curtians washed the room in the soft evening light, the smell of fresh roses filled the air. "I was hoping you would take me up on my offer" Mr. Nicholas walked into the sitting area pulling the tie from around his neck and unbuttoning the first three buttons on his shirt.