Making the most of it - Pt.2 (Invincible Era)

**7 Weeks Later**

"Michael, I need help!" I said walking around the family room picking up toys "I'm exhausted... you're never home"

"I'm not staying away on pur..."

"I know you're not staying away on purpose, I know you're busy finishing up the album and working on the 30th anniversary event."

"OK! SO I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN!"

"DO NOT YELL AT ME MICHAEL!" I said throwing the toys in the toy bin

Michael picked up a stuffed animal off the chair and sat down.

"after HIStory we agreed that you would be home more..."

"WHERE DO YOU THINK I'VE BEEN THE LAST TWO YEARS!"

"DON'T. YELL. AT. ME!"

Michael buried his face in his hands and growled

"I KNOW you're busy... I'm not asking  you to stop working, I know how much it means to you... I'd never ask you that. All I'm asking is for you to balance your time a little better..."

"I make sure that I'm here every morning to spend time with the kids... I try to be back before one or two in the morning..."

"There's more than just spending time with the kids..."

"are you talking about spending time with you?"

"no... I can manage a few months without seeing you as often, I've gotten used to it over the years... I CAN'T manage without your help for the not fun things"

"what do you mean?!"

"You get up for the day after the chaos of getting them up and dressed and breakfast then you play with them for a few hours then you leave for meetings or recording or whatever right before nap time and that chaos... I can't do it... I'm exhausted..."

"what do you want me to do?! I hardly sleep at it is I can't just create more hours in a day!"

Suddenly I felt really light headed, my eyes fixed on a picture hanging on the wall in an attempt to make the room stop spinning

"Y/N? Y/N, what's wrong? Y/N..." I could vaguely hear Michael's voice before the room went black...

Michael's POV

"Y/N!" I jumped off the couch and ran over as she collapsed on the floor, I knelt down beside her and rolled her over. She didn't move or open her eyes.

I grabbed the phone and dialed 911

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'm at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road, I need an ambulance, my wife has collapsed and is unconscious"

"Is she breathing?"

"She's breathing but she won't respond, please hurry" my heart raced and tears stung my eyes

"There's and ambulance on its way sir, what was your wife doing before she collapsed?"

"We were arguing... oh god, I'm sorry baby, please get up" I cradeled her head in my lap

"Sir, were there any injuries that might have caused her to lose consciousness? Did she hit her head on anything?"

"NO! I was sitting on the couch and she was standing in the middle of the room and we were talking. her eyes went blank and she collapsed..." tears were running down my face now...

"ABBY!" I yelled for our live in nanny "ABBY, HELP!"

"Sir, is she still breathing?"

"Yes she's still breathing"

"Ok, the ambulance is about 5 minutes away..."

Abby came around the corner from the kitchen, as soon as she saw what was happening she ran to my side

"call the security gate and tell them there's an ambulance on its way" she nodded and disappeared into the office to use the other phone line, I looked down stroking Y/N's face, her eyes fluttered and opened a little bit

"BABY!" I turned her face towards me, her eyes opened a little more "she just opened her eyes"

"ok, good, can she respond to you?"

"Y/N, can you hear me baby?" "Michael..." she groaned as she gripped her sides

"shhh, shhh, shhh baby... I'm here" I whispered brushing the hair from her face.

Abby came back in the room followed by the EMT's. I stood up and moved out of the way as they talked to her...

"ma'am, do you know your name?

"y/n Jackson..."

The EMT looked at me, I nodded

"do you know where we are at right now?"

"home" she groaned

"ok, good... do you know what year it is?"

"200... 200..." her words slurred as she slumped over again, instinctively I jumped but stopped knowing the EMT's were there...

"ok, we need to get to the hospital... let's get the stretcher over here" the EMT turned around and spoke to his partner. "Mr. Jackson, will you be riding along with us?"

"yes!" I looked over at Abby "are you ok to stay with the kids?" she nodded and looked over concerned at y/n

I grabbed my jacket from the back of the kitchen chair and followed the EMT's out to the ambulance and watched as they loaded her in. I climbed in and sat on the bench and rested my hand on her thigh as they closed the door and pulled down the driveway... I watched helplessly as they hooked her up to all sorts of monitors... Leaning in, I whispered to her

"Please be ok... I need you to be ok..."