4

"Hey Lily." Luke said and came up to me in the hallway while I was walking to class.

"Hey Luke." I said and smiled up at him.

"Are you busy after school?" He asked as we stopped in front of my classroom.

"Well I was gonna go to the library and do some homework but other than that no." I said and pressed my lips together.

"Mind if I join? I was actually hoping you could help me out again if you don't mind." He said and rubbed the back of his neck under his
snap back.

"I don't mind at all, I'm happy to help. I told you this Friday." I said and gave him an assuring smile so he knew I wasn't lying to him.

"I know but I just don't want you to keep helping me if you don't want to or something." He said nervously and shrugged his shoulders.

"Luke its fine really, I don't mind helping you out." I said seriously.

"Thank you, seriously. How can I repay you?" He asked which made me laugh a little since it sounded like it was coming right out of a movie.

"You don't have to, I swear." I said and hugged my books closer to me.

"No let me, how about I take you to lunch tomorrow during your free period?" He suggested and stuck his hands in his jean pockets.

"You don't have a free period Luke. And you don't have to get me lunch or anything like that it's okay." I said and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"It's okay I can skip or something. Please let me get you lunch tomorrow, it'll make me feel less guilty about keeping you at the library for hours helping me with my homework." He said which made me let out a slight laugh.

"Fine, you can take me to lunch. Even though I don't want to be the reason you skip a class and I really don't mind helping you." I said and saw him smile a bit.

"I've skipped classes plenty of times in my life, it's really not a big deal." He said as we heard the final bell ring to be in class.

"You're late Hemmings." I said matter of factly.

"Not the first time, won't be the last. I'll see you in math." He said with a smirk and walked off to class while I walked into mine.

"Were you just talking to Luke?" Brooke asked as I walked to our seats.

"Yea." I said casually and sat down and put my bag on the floor next to me.

"About what?" She asked with a skeptical look on her face which I chose to ignore.

"He wanted to take me to lunch since I helped him with his homework a couple times." I said and took out my stuff I'd need for this class.

"Ahh, a date with the famous and popular Luke Hemmings." She said with a smirk and wiggled her eyebrows.

"It's not a date, it's simply him repaying me for helping him. Even though I told him he didn't need to." I said and started the worksheet that was handed out at the beginning of class.

"It's because he wants it to be a date. Whether it is or it isn't he wants it to be." She said matter of factly.

"And why do you say that?" I asked and gave her an argumentative look.

"Because he wouldn't have pushed so hard if he didn't want to hang out with you or something. I've had boyfriends before and you haven't, I know how they work most of the time." She argued.

"This isn't a date." I said firmly.

"Has he asked you for your number yet?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.