15

When I woke up from my nap, which happened to be about three hours later, the space next to me that was once occupied by a beautiful blonde was now empty. My head still hurt, which didn't surprise me at all. But it was a little better.

I was still in agony but I was actually able to lift my head or open my eyes and not want to die because of it. I heard something crash downstairs which is could only assume was a pan that Luke had dropped. So before I went downstairs I had changed into a sweatshirt and leggings and making sure to put on a pair of fluffy socks since it was getting colder by the day.

"Shit did I wake you? I was just trying to make you some pancakes since you haven't eaten. Fuck." He said once he saw me walk in the kitchen. He was frustrated because he thought he had woken me up, and even though he didn't wake me up it was one of the most heartwarming things to see him so worked up about it.

"You didn't wake me up you're okay." I said and put my hand on his back while I leaned into his side.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asked and wrapped an arm around me.

"A little bit I guess, it still hurts like hell though." I said while wrapping my arms around his torso and clinging onto him tightly.

"I'm sorry darling. Try drinking some water maybe that'll help." He said sympathetically and flipped a pancake that was on the stove. I knew drinking water or eating or literally anything wouldn't help. But I didn't argue against it since he was just trying to help and I didn't want him to think I didn't appreciate it.

"Thank you for taking care of me today." I said as I made my way back over to him after getting a drink from the fridge.

"You don't need to thank me, you're my girl and I'll always take care of my girl." He said and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my forehead. I felt my cheeks turn bright red, which luckily I was able to hide in his flannel, and I felt my stomach explode with butterflies.

"You should've been at school today." I said since I knew there was no way he'd end up going in now. His excuse would be that he already missed three hours so there's no point anymore.

"I don't even care about school. However, I do care about you so obviously I'd pick you over school any day." He said and put the finished pancakes on a plate while putting some more batter in the pan.

"I care about you but I also care about your education." I said and titled my head up so I was looking at him.

"Please Lil, my education went down the drain years ago." He said which made me scoff out a laugh as he handed me a plate of pancakes and gave me a kiss.

"I personally think you could've used this vacation. You work yourself too hard, you need to relax a little." He said as he sat down next to me with a plate of his own pancakes.

"And now I'll be working myself harder because I'll have makeup work to do." I said and stuck my fork in my mouth.

"Just relax babe, not everything has to be done the second you get it. Relax." He said in a soothing tone and kissed my cheek.

"I am relaxed, I'm also just on top of things." I said but he just gave me an unconvinced look.

"You're stressing yourself out. Maybe that's why you get migraines, because your brain is giving you and excuse to relax because it knows you need it." He said which sounded completely ridiculous.

"That doesn't even make sense." I said with a laugh as I put our dishes in the sink.

"It makes perfect sense. Relaxation is the key to happiness." He said and stood up from the table.