17

"Lily why don't you ask Luke if him and his family want to come for dinner?" My mom asked as she started cleaning up the house.

"They don't celebrate Thanksgiving mom." I said as I did some of the dishes that were left over from yesterday.

"It's not about whether they celebrate, it's about having your loved ones around you. Plus it'll give me and your father a chance to get to know them." She said as she cleaned off the table.

"I can ask him." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Lovely. Grandma will be here in about an hour." She said while I shit the sink off and fired my hands.

"Okay." I said and grabbed my phone to text Luke.

Me: im coming over in 15 minutes

Luke: isn't it Thanksgiving?

Me: yep

"Mom I'm going to get Luke." I said as I slipped my boots on.

"Alright honey." She called from the kitchen as I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

"What are you doing here looking all gorgeous and shit?" Luke asked groggily as he opened the front door.

"I came to pick you up." I said and walked through the door before he shut it behind me.

"For what?" He asked with a confused look on his face. Sleep was still present in his voice which definitely meant he had just woken up.

"My parents want you and your parents over for dinner." I said.

"My parents went back home for the weekend so it's just me actually." He said and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked since he's been missing home a lot lately.

"I'll see them in a couple weeks for Christmas and it'll be longer than just four or five days." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well are you coming or not? My mom has been talking to my grandma about you and she's getting excited." I said and took a step closer to him.

"I guess so, but isn't Thanksgiving about spending time with your family?" He asked and ran his fingers through his hair. I don't know why he was so tired, I mean it's like eleven.

"It's about spending time with the people you love and enjoying your time together and being thankful for everything you have." I said as he stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Well as long as I'm not intruding I'm happy to come." He said and tucked a piece of curled hair behind my ear.

"You're never intruding. Like I said before, you're always welcome at my place if you're ever lonely or just want to hang out." I said making him smile and lean down to kiss me. "Did you seriously just get up? It's like eleven."

"Me and the boys were up all night practicing so I didn't get much sleep." He said and rubbed his eyes once again.

"If you're too tired you don't have to come."

"No it's okay, it's not new really I'm alright." He said which made me slightly suspicious.

"What do you mean it's not new?" I asked worriedly and a bit confused. The past couple times we had a sleepover he was always asleep when I woke up and sometimes he'd even fall asleep before me.

"I just used to have trouble sleeping, sometimes I'd only sleep like a couple hours. But I'm alright, I've gotten better." He said but I think by the look on my face we both knew I was still worried.