32

"Can you come shopping with me?" I asked Luke as I hopped on his couch next to him.

"Why do you need to go shopping? It was just your birthday like two weeks ago." He said and kept his eyes glued to his phone screen.

"I have birthday money to spend. Plus I like going shopping with you." I said and crawled on his lap so he'd pay more attention to me.

"Is it because I hype you up whenever you try something on?" He asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Maybe..." I said making him laugh a bit and shake his head at me. "Pretty please? I'll buy you whatever snack you want."

"Is it gonna be like when we went Christmas shopping? Because that was the worst experience in my life." He said making me roll my eyes.

"I can't promise you anything." I said making him lean his head back and sigh.

"You're killing me here." He groaned and kept looking at the ceiling.

"Still love me?" I asked and placed soft kisses on his neck.

"Course I do, I always will. Even if you kill me." He said and wrapped his arms tightly around my back.

"Good, you better love me forever." I said and nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck.

"Well you better love me forever or else my love for you will mean nothing." He scoffed and played with my hair.

"You showed me what it's like to be in love with someone. You're the most important person in my life, I'll always love you." I said and felt him smile against my forehead.

"Luke?" I said after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"Mhm?" He mumbled and continued to play with my hair and rub my back.

"What's gonna happen after we graduate?" I asked nervously.

He took about a minute to think about it before he answered. The silence made me nervous but I had a feeling neither of us knew what was going to happen. "I don't know." He replied and let out a soft sigh.

"Did I tell you that I applied for UCLA, Stanford, Northwest University, and Oregon State?" I asked and felt him shake his head.

"No, but I'm sure you'll get into every single one. Have you heard anything back yet?" He asked.

"No, they haven't started sending out acceptance letters. They probably won't for a while, I applied in September." I said.

"Which one would you pick over the others?" He asked.

"I've always wanted to go to UCLA, but if not that then Stanford has been a close second." I said and sat up so I was looking at him.

"Well I'm sure you'll get into both." He said and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked and played with his hair a bit.

"There's this management team in London that we want to sign with." I felt my heart completely sink. London? That's on a completely different continent than where we are now. At least if he signed with someone in LA we'd be close.

"You're going to London? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked with a hurt look on my face while dropping my hands in my lap.

"It was never set in stone. I was going to tell you when we finally decided or actually got signed. Calum and Ashton are nervous about leaving Elle and Savannah here so we haven't decided yet." He said and took my hands and held them in his and played with my fingers a bit.