20

"Luke." I said and walked up to him while he was at his locker.

"Hey babe." He said and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Can you come Christmas shopping with me?" I asked and leaned against the locker next to his.

"You can't get my Christmas present when I'm with you." He joked making me punch his shoulder.

"I already got yours dork, why do you think I'm asking you?" I said.

"You already got mine? It's literally December 8th." He said in surprise.

"I ordered it, it didn't come in yet though." I said as he took my hand and squeezed it.

"That's a lot of pressure for me you know. I have no clue where to even start with you." He said and started walking me to class.

"It's okay I didn't know what to get you for weeks. I had to ask Michael for help." I said and I could tell he was trying to guess what it was.

"So Michael knows?" He said and rubbed his chin.

"And he's also sworn to secrecy so I wouldn't even bother asking." I said making him get a defeated look on his face.

"You can't tell me you got my present and not tell me what it is." He whined.

"That defeats the whole purpose of it being a present." I said as we stopped in front of my classroom.

"Alright go to class you nerd, I'll see you later." He said and kissed my forehead.

"I am not a nerd stupid." I said and pushed him towards the hallway while I walked to class.

By the end of the school day I was feeling extremely stuffy and congested. I chose to ignore it since it was December and it was cold so it was pretty normal to get a little stuffy. Plus I needed to get my Christmas shopping done and it wouldn't get done if I stayed home over a stuffy nose.

"You look so cute when you're cold." Luke says while pinching my red cheeks and kissing the tip of my red nose.

"I don't feel cute when I'm cold." I laughed and got in the passenger seat of his car.

"You don't sound cute either." He said and gave me a concerned look as he started the car and turned the heat up.

"Wow way to boost my self esteem." I chuckled and put my hands between my legs to warm them up.

"Are you alright you sound kind of terrible?" He said and pressed the back of his hand to my forehead which was probably freezing so I don't even know why he bothered.

"Babe I'm fine I'm just a bit stuffy." I took a hold of his somehow warm hand and held it tightly with my own in hopes that it would warm it up. Part of me loved winter because the snow was always so pretty and I liked having an excuse to wear sweatshirts and sweatpants every day. But the other part of me hated being cold and hated the icy roads or having to clean off my car or shovel my driveway.

"Alright well let's warm you up then." He said and turned the heat up even more and squeezed my hand tightly to try and warm up my shivering body.

"Can we stop at my house so I can change? I can't sit in these jeans any longer." I said and leaned my head against the back of the seat. I had tried to dress nicer today since I've been dressing like a hobo for the past week or so. So I was wearing jeans and a sweater under my jacket and I hated it. I hated wearing jeans in the winter because the winter always made me feel super lazy and fat.

"Yea." He replied and placed a kiss on my much warmer hand and held it against his cheek. How was he so warm while I was currently defrosting?

"There's supposed to be a snow storm on Tuesday." I said after a couple of minutes of comfortable silence.