Epilogue Pt.1

6 months later...

"Lily honey are you almost ready?" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah just give me one second." I yelled back and looked around my room for the last thing I needed to put in the box.

"We're gonna start driving there, will you be okay here?" She yelled as I closed the last box and put it on my floor.

"I'm leaving in a few minutes, I just have to wait for Luke to get here." I shouted and grabbed as much stuff that I could carry down to my car.

"Okay we'll see you when you get there." She said and I heard the front door close.

  As I was carrying my boxes down the stairs I heard the door open and knew it was Luke. The way he walked gave it away entirely.

"You need help?" He asked and walked closer to me.

"A little." I said and let him take the heavy box from me and bring it out to my car.

"You're gonna be an LA girl now. How does it feel?" He asked and sat in the front seat of my car after the last of my stuff was put in.

"Well I haven't felt it yet so I don't know." I said and typed the address into my phone and started my car.

"Are you excited?" He asked eagerly.

"Yeah." I said and pulled out of my driveway. I was also extremely nervous, for many reasons.

  One of them being the fact that I'll have to make all new friends, which always makes me nervous. The second one being the fact that I'm going to be in a completely new place for the first time, and I'm going to be all alone. I've always lived in Seattle, I've never moved out or had to deal with being in a new place all alone and now I'd have to do that.

  And the last one, but the one that makes me the most nervous out of the three is the fact that I don't know what's gonna happen to me and Luke. I mean we can't do long distance like this. We'll both be too busy to see each other or make time for each other. And it'll probably be hard to communicate with each other considering we'll be in different time zones and different continents. I don't want this to be the end of us but it might have to be, this might just be the only healthy way to do this.

"What are we supposed to do for 16 hours?" Luke asked and propped his feet up on the dashboard.

"Well I'm supposed to drive, I don't know what you're gonna do." I said and felt him take one of my hands off the steering wheel and hold it in both of his.

"Am I allowed to sleep?" He asked and stoked my knuckles with his thumb.

"Go ahead." I said and he reached around to the back seat and grabbed my pillow that I had put there and leaned it against the car door.

"I love you." He mumbled and held my hand as he tried to fall asleep.

"I love you more." I said and squeezed his fingers three times.

"I love you most." He said softly and eventually fell asleep, leaving me to think.

When Luke woke up a few hours later we stopped at a Starbucks to get a coffee and some food. He also wanted to drive so I could have a bit of a break. We had been driving for ages but we still had hours to go.

________________________________

"Which ones your room?" Luke asked as we pulled up to the apartment building that my college had assigned me. I had no idea who my roommate was, all I knew was that her name was Isla and that she was a freshman as well. I also didn't know who would be in the dorms around us either.