8

"You and Hemmings are spending a lot of time together lately." A preppy and high pitched voice said which sadly I knew all too well.

  I had just come back from lunch with Luke so he walked me to my locker before we had to head to lunch in a couple minutes.

"Um yea." I said nervously and shut my locker before turning around to see Kimberly and her stupid posse. I've never really talked her since I liked to lay low at school, and she's never had a problem with me before so she never had a reason to talk to me. She always intimidated me with her six inch heels, skin tight clothes that accentuates her curves and huge boobs that people think are completely fake, not to mention her perfectly done hair and makeup.

"That's funny. Do you actually think he'd like someone like you?" She said with a chuckle making Kourtney and Khloe laugh behind her.

"Well-" I started but she cut me off before I could answer. Honestly I didn't even know how to answer that question.

"He doesn't, it's obvious. You're a nerd, a nobody, a prude. No guys go after anyone like that and everyone knows it. I bet you haven't even had sex yet either. That's probably driving him nuts and eventually he's gonna go for someone else that'll have sex with him. He's probably just using you to boost his popularity. I'm sure someone told him how much of a goody you are and he felt the need to ruin your reputation so he'd get popular over it. Why else would he get this close to you? You're not important and you're a nerd." She said loudly and got in my face which made me feel smaller than I actually was. She was actually shorter than me without heels, and with them she was only a inch taller. But right now she felt even taller than Luke compared to me and I didn't like that feeling.

"Stay away from him, let him be with someone who can give him what he really wants." She said and walked down the hall and away from me.

  I couldn't help but feel this terrible feeling in my chest. My chest felt tight and I wanted to start crying, however I refused to cry at school so now I had this huge lump in my throat and this terrible feeling that enveloped my entire body. What if she was right? What if everything she said was completely right and I had just been an idiot this entire time?

  I mean she wasn't wrong entirely either. I was kind of a nerd or at least I seemed to be like one. And I've never really cared about boys either so people think I'm a prude when I'm not entirely that either but I'm not entirely not that. She was pretty much right when it came to me so why wouldn't she be right when it came to him?

"Hey Lil, how was you're little date with Hemmings?" Savannah asked as I sat down at the lunch table next to them.

"It was good." I said and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and let out a breath.

"Just good? Come on give us the details girl." Elle said and nudged my shoulder.

"It was just lunch, nothing too over the top or anything." I said as casually as I could and shrugged my shoulders. "Uh Brooke how is you're little love triangle?" I asked mostly just to steer the conversation away from me and Luke. They all gave each other a sort of suspicious look which I pretended to ignore but couldn't, they were starting to catch on that something was wrong, I knew that look too well. I was usually giving that look to them when it was someone else that was clearly upset.

"Uh well me and Hunter decided to just be friends since it was getting a bit weird and awkward." She said and cleared her throat a little.

"Because someones got a crush on little Maxie." Savannah said and wiggled her eyebrows.

"I do not." She said defensively making us all give her a look. "I don't like Max." She said firmly.

"Sure you don't. That's totally why you agreed to hang out with him when he gets his license." Elle said making Brooke's cheeks turn red.