21

Luckily it was Saturday. And I say luckily because I felt like shit and didn't want to leave my bed. I couldn't breathe out of my nose because it was so stuffed up. My throat hurt like a bitch and I had a huge headache.

I blame this on the cold. I don't usually get sick but at least once a year around winter time I get sick. I should've expected it by now but I was hoping I wouldn't get sick.

"Hey Lily." Max said and peaked his head through my door.

"Hey Max." I said and rubbed my eyes.

"Jesus you sound horrendous." He said with a worried look on his face.

"I feel horrendous." I mumbled and cleared my throat which hurt like hell.

"Take your temperature jesus." He said and headed off to the bathroom to get the thermometer. "Here." He said and stuck it in my mouth while pressing the button.

"It's probably just a cold." I said and tried not to open my mouth too much.

"Dude you're at 101.3. That's not just a cold." He said and went to clean off the thermometer and come back to my room.

"Whatever, it'll pass in a couple days." I said and pulled my blankets over me.

"How are you cold with all those blankets on? I'm just standing here and I'm hot." He said.

"Because obviously I'm sick." I groaned and hugged one of my pillows close to me.

"Well I came in to tell you that mom and dad are going to Grandma's for a bit for whatever reason. They said they'll be back for dinner but knowing them they'll probably be a little late. I'm going to Brooke's so you're gonna be all alone. Do you want me to call Luke for you?" He asked and started taking out his phone.

"No I don't want him to get sick, I'll be alright for a few hours. I'll probably just lay in bed all day anyway." I said and closed my eyes for a second before opening them again.

"Alright. I'll be back later." He said and headed downstairs. He got his license last week so now he's rarely home, which I guess isn't a bad thing.

When he left I buried myself deeper under my blankets while watching tv. I felt like shit and I wanted to die. But there wasn't much I could do other than take a couple cough drops and hope they work.

"Babe?" Luke said and opened my door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and sat up a little. I still sounded terrible even though I've taken two cough drops since Max left, which was about an hour ago.

"Max told me you were sick. Clearly he wasn't kidding." He said and came over to feel my forehead. "Lil you're burning up." He said and got the thermometer from the bathroom.

"Max already took it." I called out but sounded like a broken squeaky toy.

"When was that?" He asked and came over to sit next to me on my bed.

"Like an hour ago." I said and finished off the cough drop that was just in my mouth.

"Well I'm taking it again." He said and put the thermometer in my mouth. When it started beeping he took it out and looked at the number on the small screen and sighed. "102 Lily." He said and put it on my bedside table.

"Isn't 104 like dying?" I asked.

"Well not dying it just means you should go to the hospital. I think 112 is actually dead though." He said and cleaned up my cough drop wrappers.

"Alright ten more to go." I said earning a look from him.

"I was kidding obviously." I said making him sigh and head downstairs for whatever reason.