22

Luke's POV*

"Hey Luke how is she?" Lily's mom said as her and her dad came in the room.

"They said she has the flu and she'll be fine with rest and fluids. She's sleeping now though." I said and lifted my head from Lily's leg so I was looking at them.

"She's never gotten this sick before. She usually just gets a cold." She said worriedly and went to the other side of her bed.

"She said it's been colder this year so maybe that's why. I don't really know. She'll be okay though." I said and looked at Lily who was fast asleep and shivering under the thin blanket the hospital gave her.

"I'll tell Max to stop at the house and get her some blankets. Poor thing must be freezing." She said and stepped out of the room to call Max.

"Did she eat anything today?" Her dad asked and sat in the chair next to her bed.

"I made her some soup but she threw up earlier so not really. I gave her loads of water though just in case she got dehydrated or something." I sighed.

"Thank you for taking care of her. We had already left to go to Kelsea's mothers before she woke up and Max said she wasn't that sick this morning. He said she was just sniffing and coughing and she had a fever." He said and shook his head.

"I'll always take care of her, even if she doesn't want to let me." I said and kept my gaze on her.

"You're a good kid Luke." He said making me smile a little.

"Thank you." I smiled as Lily's mom came back in the room.

  When Max got here he put one of Lily's blankets over her and sat down next to me. Sometimes we'd all talk and sometimes we'd just stay quiet. It's been hours and Lily has been sleeping the whole time. She barely moved at all since she got here.

  I was trying not to get too worried since the doctors said she'd be fine, but I couldn't help it. Even her parents have never seen her this sick so I couldn't help but worry.

  By the time dinner had rolled around Lily's family had left and said they'd be back in the morning. They told me to call them if anything happens or something but I doubt anything will really change. I called everybody else to let them know that she was sick and they told me to keep them updated.

"Luke?" She whispered with her voice still hoarse.

"Yes baby?" I said and moved a little closer to her while still holding her hand. I haven't let go all day.

"I'm thirsty." She said and let out a terrible cough.

"Here drink some water." I said and handed her a cup of water and a straw.

"Thank you." She mumbled and kept coughing.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked while moving her hair out of her face.

"A little, not really." She said and finally opened her blue eyes that were a lot dimmer than usual.

"The doctors coming in soon to check on you again. Your temperature went down a little which is good." Her temperature has only went down to 102 which still isn't great but it's better than getting higher.

"That's good." She said and sniffled a bit. "Can you lay with me?" She moved over slightly and left enough room for me to lay next to her.

"Yea I'll lay with you." I said and gently laid down next to her. She groaned in pain since her muscles have been weaker, which the doctors said was a symptom of the flu.