18

"Did you ask?" Luke asked from the other side of the phone.

"I did but they won't give me an answer." I said as I stirred the cream and sugar that was in my coffee.

"Babe please please come. Everyone else is coming so they have no good reason to say no." He said.

"What about the fact that they're my parents and they tell me what I can and can't do?" I asked with a laugh and made my way over to the couch next to Max.

"Screw that, we haven't had a sleepover in ages." He shouted which made me want to laugh.

"We had one like two weeks ago." I said and took the remote from Max and changed the channel.

"Yea that's two weeks of no goodnight cuddles." He whined.

"We cuddle all the time Luke." I said and took a sip of my warm coffee.

"But it's not the same." He whined once again which made me laugh at how ridiculous he was being.

"I'll ask again when they get home, but don't blame me if they say no." I said and heard him sigh.

"Fine, but I'll still be mad." He said making me scoff out a laugh.

"Hopefully not at me, I can't control what they let me do." I said and payed close attention to the tv screen.

"I'll be mad at you for not being so persuasive." He stated.

"You're ridiculous." I said.

"Nope, I'm just a guy that wants to have a sleepover with his girlfriend. Is that too much to ask?" He asked.

"Clearly." I said.

"It shouldn't be, it's cruel." He groaned.

"Sorry that my parents have rules. I don't make them I just follow them."

"Maybe you shouldn't follow them." He said and I could tell he was smirking.

"Then I'll have more rules so that doesn't actually do anything." I said matter of factly.

"Fine whatever. I've gotta go, Cal wants us to go play some new video game. But I'll see you later." He said.

"I might see you later." I corrected.

"Nope, you'll see me later I don't care." He argued.

"Whatever you say Lukey." I said mostly just to piss him off.

"Lily the more you say it the less I hate it." He sighed which made me laugh.

"Good." I said making him groan.

"Okay well I'll see your beautiful face later." He said.

"Bye Lu." I said with a laugh.

"Bye sweetheart." He said and the two of us hung up the phone.

"Just tell mom and dad you're going to Brooke's or something but go to Luke's. It's that simple." Max said once I had put my phone down.

"Okay but what if they happen to find out that I lied somehow?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"They won't. I've done it hundreds of times." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Seriously?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Obviously. Why do you think I go to Bryce's all the time?" He asked.

"And you haven't got caught?" I asked.