27

I haven't been to school in a week. I told my mom everything after the girls had left sometime after dinner, however I made both her and Max tell my dad the bare minimum. I didn't want him to ban boys from my life forever just because of one stupid one. Max had come in at about 3:30 or 4 to ask what happened since Brooke had given him the brief explanation.

  I didn't do much talking, mostly because the second he asked what happened I burst into tears just thinking about it. So the three of them told him what I had told them which made him extremely angry.

  Apparently he went to Luke's before he came back home but he didn't do much talking. I guess Luke had been drinking a lot and the other boys were just keeping an eye on him but that's all I let him tell me. I don't want to know anything about him. I don't want to know how he's doing or what because I don't care.

"You need to go to school honey." My mom said softly as she peaked her head through my bedroom door.

"I can't mom." I said softly and held my blanket tightly around my shoulders.

"Honey you can't miss this much school, you've never missed this much school before." She said and made her way over to my bed to sit next to me.

"I can't see him." I said while she tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"You only have one class with him, just ignore him and keep to yourself." She said and rubbed my back softly.

"Mom please just a couple more days. I'll go back Wednesday I promise just please let me stay home a little longer." I begged earning a sympathetic look from her.

"Okay fine. But I'm calling the office to get them to get your makeup work and I'll have Max get it for you. You can stay home the rest of this week if you do your work so you don't fall too far behind." She said sternly but I could tell she was feeling really bad about this whole thing.

"Thank you." I said softly and let out a sigh of relief.

"Dinners almost ready are you gonna eat?" She asked even though she already knew the answer.

"No I'm not hungry." I mumbled and shifted a little in my spot in my bed.

"I don't like that you only eat a small lunch every day." She said and gave me a nervous and motherly look.

"I'm just not hungry, I'm not doing it on purpose." I said and she just sighed and kissed my forehead.

"Alright well I love you, if you need me just call me and I'll come up." She said and stood up from my bed.

"I love you too." I said allowing her to leave me alone in my room.

"Hey Lil." Max said softly as he walked through my bedroom door.

"Hey." I muttered while he walked over towards my bed and laid down next to me.

"I um I talked to Luke the other day." He said nervously.

"I don't care." I deadpanned.

"Are you sure? I just think you might want to talk to him at some point." He said matter of factly.

"I'm done with him, I don't care about him or anything that has to do with him." I said and stared up at my ceiling.

"He wants to talk to you Lily." He pushed making me silently groan and roll my eyes.

"So what are you on his side now?" I scoffed and gave him a dirty look.

"No, I just think you should talk to him. It's been two weeks I think that maybe if you just talked to him this could all be fixed." He defended.