23

Lily's POV*

  I finally got to go home. I was only in the hospital for about a day and a half but it felt like forever. I swear time doesn't go by when you're sitting in a hospital room.

  But me and Luke have been snuggling in my bed all day waiting for the snow to start falling. I somehow convinced my mom to convince my dad to let Luke stay over for our little snow day. He was reluctant to let me go outside in the cold, but after loads of begging and tons of kisses he finally let me. He just said that we could only stay out for a little bit so I didn't get sick again, which is understandable.

"Look look look it's snowing." I said and looked out the window to see snow falling as it got darker out.

"Wow it's so pretty at night." He said and stood next to me.

"It's even prettier during the day." I said and peeled back my curtains even more.

"For someone who's seen snow all their life you're pretty excited." He said and sat on my desk chair.

"Because it's pretty and takes me out of school. I do hate it sometimes but it's exciting when it's snowing." I said and started opening my window.

"Don't open the window you'll get cold." He said and shut and locked the window and pulled me over to sit on his lap.

"But I want to see." I whined and brought my knees to my chest.

"We can go outside tomorrow. It's colder at night and you were just sick." He said and rolled the chair over and closer towards the window so we could watch the snow fall.

"I think it's funny that you've never seen snow before." I said and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"You've never seen a kangaroo before." He said and looked up at me.

"I have at the zoo actually." I said matter of factly.

"What about a koala?" He asked.

"Have you even seen one?" I asked and he nodded his head yes. "Fine then were even. When you go back home can you bring me one to keep as a pet?" I asked making him laugh.

"I'll try." He said and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I can't believe you're leaving next week." I whispered and rested my chin on the top of his head.

"It's only a week and a half. I'll be home right after Christmas." He said while rubbing my back.

"I'm gonna miss you." I whispered. I've never really had to be away from Luke before and maybe a week and a half doesn't seem like a long time. But when you haven't really been away from someone and suddenly you have to be away from them for nearly two weeks it's gonna be hard. Especially because it's Luke.

"I'm gonna miss you too." He said and tilted his head up to kiss my jaw.

"At least you get to see your family." I said and played with his hair.

"Next time you're coming with me." He said and squeezed my thigh.

"What?" I asked and looked down at him.

"Next time I want you to come with me so you can meet my family." He said and kissed my cheek.

"You do?" I asked making him laugh a little.

"Obviously, I love you." He said and kissed my lips.

"But that's like your entire family. Not just your parents or your siblings." I said.