35

When I got home from school with Max trailing behind me with his nose in his phone, I saw my mom looking through mail at the kitchen table. Usually she wasn't home until later but I don't know. Honestly I don't pay attention to when my parents get home.

"Lily honey you have mail." My mom said and tossed four pieces of mail towards me.

"Oh god." I said and stared at the letters and where they were from.

Stanford University

University of California, Los Angeles

Northwest University

Oregon State University

"Open them!" Max shouted eagerly from over my shoulder which scared me half to death. I honestly didn't even know he was standing there.

  I slowly opened the one from Oregon State, I decided I'd save UCLA for last. I don't know why it matters but I figured you save the best for last right?

  As I opened the four letters they all said the same thing.

Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I offer you administration...

"I got in." I whispered in shock and disbelief.

"All of them?" They both shouted with wide eyes.

"All of them." I said and handed them each two letters.

"Oh my god Lily!" My mom shouted with a huge smile on her face.

"My sisters going to college!" Max shouted and shook my whole body.

"Not if you keep shaking me like that." I said and held my hand to my head.

"Which one are you going to go to?" My mom asked.

"UCLA duh. I've wanted to go there for like ever." I said and grabbed an apple from the bowl of fruit on the counter.

"Let's go out to dinner to celebrate." My mom said and stood up from the table.

"We can just get pizza if you want." I suggested , mostly since dinner was expensive because my dad and Max had expensive taste.

"No, we need to celebrate properly. You only go to college once." She said and went down the hall and towards the laundry room.

"Unless you don't." I yelled and made my way towards the stairs so I could go to my room.

  When I got to my room I jumped on my bed and pulled out my phone to text the girls.

Me: your girl is going to UCLA!!!!

Brooke: SHUT UP YOU ARE????

Sav: I AM SO PROUD CONGRATS BESTIE

Elle: YES MAKE UCLA YOUR BITCH

Me: have any of you heard back from any of your colleges?

Sav: i haven't but i'm sure we will soon

Elle: the gang will soon be broken up:(

Brooke: we'll see each other all the time

Brooke: we're best friends for life

Sav: i'm holding you guys to that

Sav: you best not be finding any other crazy bitches to be your friends. we're the only crazy bitches you need