11

When I woke up for school my bed was empty. I was expecting him to be here when I woke up but I guess he had to leave early to get ready for school so it was okay.

After I had gotten ready I went downstairs to eat breakfast and saw Luke and my mom talking on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and dropped my bag next to the steps.

"I'm driving you to school." He said and smiled up at me.

"You don't have to do that." I said but couldn't help but smile at the nice gesture.

"Oh Lily let the nice boy drive you to school." My mom said and stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Yea Lily, let the nice boy drive you to school." He said with a smirk and stood up and put his hands on my waist.

"I was going to let you drive me to school you dork." I said and punched his shoulder.

"Max already called shotgun by the way." He said which made me pout.

"That's not fair I'm older." I groaned to which he laughed.

"You get the way back." He said and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"That's because we leave earlier than him." I said and saw him smile a bit.

"Go eat breakfast so we can go." He said and gently pushed me off to the kitchen.

"Max I can't believe you called shotgun." I said as I sat down next to him at the table.

"Me and Luke are buds and I called it first." He said and scooped up the last of his pancakes and shoved his fork in his mouth.

"Well me and Luke are... more than buds so I should get it." I said as Luke sat down next to me at the table while laughing.

"I called shotgun Lil." He said and stood up to put his plate in the sink.

"Screw you Max." I yelled as Luke put his hand on my thigh.

"I guess I'm just liked by the whole Connors family." He said with a smirk and leaned closer to me.

"I hate you." I said and narrowed my eyes at him as I took a bite out of my pancakes.

"You adore me." He said and kissed the corner of my lips.

"Stop kissing and shit that's gross." Max said and made a gagging face.

"Stop trying to steal my boyfriend." I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Stop being a boyfriend hog." He said and flicked my forehead.

"He's mine not yours." I said and put my dishes in the sink.

"As amusing as this is we need to go." Luke said and stood up from the table.

"Shotgun." Max yelled and bolted out the front door.

"Don't have a younger brother, they're annoying." I said and picked up my bag and headed towards the door.

"Well I don't control that part of my life, and I think my parents are done with kids." He said with a laugh.

"You're lucky. At least now you won't have a boyfriend stealing younger sibling." I said as we made our way towards the drivers side of the car.

"No but at least you don't have girlfriend stealing older brothers." He said as we got in the car.

"Wait your brother stole your girlfriend? That's terrible." I said and rested my chin on his seat.

"No but they always could. Not that I think they will but you should always expect the unexpected." He said and pulled out of the driveway.