6

It was a Thursday afternoon, I just got out of school and decided to head to the little coffee shop and do some homework. Usually I'd go to the library but I was kind of in need for some coffee so I decided to go there.

When I got there I ordered a coffee and sat down at a small table next to the window. It was a nice day out, a little bit cold because we were nearing mid October but it still felt nice out.

"Hey Lily." A thick Australian voice, that I knew all too well said making me lift my head up to look at him.

"Hey Luke." I said with a smile as he walked closer to me.

"I always seem to find you here or the library." He said with a small smile.

"Were you looking for me?" I asked with a slight laugh making his cheeks turn red.

"If I say yes do I sound weird?" He asked nervously and I just shook my head with a laugh and gestured to the open seat across from me for him to sit.

"What's up?" I asked and dropped my pencil on my notebook and neatly stacked my stuff next to me.

"Well I came to get a coffee then I was gonna text you and ask if you wanted to hang out or something, but you seem pretty busy so never mind." He said with a nervous laugh and played with his lip ring.

"I can hang out, none of this is due until next week so I don't have to do it now." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yea I'm sure, what do you want to do?" I asked as I put my stuff in my bag.

"I don't know, what's there to do around here?" He asked and leaned his elbows on the table while holding his cup of coffee with two hands.

"Well we could go to the park, or the beach even though they're probably not as nice as the ones in Sydney, um we could take the ferry somewhere." I said and tried to think of something we could do.

"A ferry?" He asked with knitted eyebrows.

"Yea, are you trying to tell me you don't know what a ferry boat is?" I asked with a surprised look on my face.

"No I know what it is, I just didn't know you had them here." He said which made my jaw drop.

"How long have you been in Seattle and you still haven't been on a ferry?" I asked in a shocked tone which made me laugh.

"Just about two months." He said with a chuckle.

"Unbelievable. Well I have an idea then." I said and propped my elbows on the table.

"Hit me Connors." He said with a chuckle.

"I'm gonna take you on the ferry and we're going to get something to eat since one of my favorite places is on Mercer Island. Then we can do whatever else you think is interesting before we take the ferry back." I said and saw him smile a bit.

"Let's do it." He said and stood up and helped me get my stuff before we walked to my car.

"I can't believe you've never been on a ferry boat." I said in disbelief as I drove us to the docks.

"Well we don't have them in Australia and all me and the boys do is sit and play video games and eat pizza." He said with a chuckle.

"Wow you boys live an interesting life don't you?" I said sarcastically and looked at the road.

"Oh totally. I actually found out that they play instruments and they can sing, did you know that?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"I didn't know that actually. What do they play?" I asked.