Epilogue Pt.2

Four years later...

"Are you ready?" Isla asked me and adjusted my cap that was on my head.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said and let out a deep breath.

"Are they here?" She asked and I shook my head.

"He said they got held up in Miami so he couldn't make it." I said and put my phone in the waistband of my Nike pros that were underneath my dress.

"I'm sorry." She said and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry too, I know you really wanted Michael to be here." I said and gave her the same look.

"It's okay, we'll see them tomorrow." She said optimistically.

"I know, I just wish that he could make it." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked as we walked into the room with the rest of our classmates.

"I will once I see him. I feel terrible that he isn't the first to know." I said and got in line where I was supposed to be. Luckily she'd be right next to me since she was right after me alphabetically.

"It's fine, as long as you tell him I don't think he'll care." She said and smoothed out my gown.

"Do you think he'll be mad?" I asked nervously.

"Not at all, he loves you." She said and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't stress, let's just get our diplomas and be done here." She said as the music started playing and the lines started moving.

Our graduation was so boring, and it took forever. I zoned out pretty much the second I got back to my seat after getting my diploma but I knew I didn't miss much. It was mostly just speeches from the students and some of the staff and stuff so it didn't really matter too much.

After we all went towards the field to see our families and stuff. All of my high school friends made it along with my parents and Max. I'm glad that despite the fact that the four of us were in completely different places that we all remained best friends and never drifted apart. Even if we all made friends at college too.

"Congratulations honey." My parents said and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you." I said and hugged them back just as tight.

"Now you'll have time to visit this summer." My mom said hopefully.

"You've got me until the end of August." I said since I had gotten a job at a high school and I started towards the end of August.

"Make sure you bring Petunia next time, Mason loves her." Max said and brought me in for a hug.

"I'll make sure to. Where is he?" I asked. Mason was Max and Brooke's kid, they found out they were having him not too far into our freshman year of college. Luckily she stayed close to home or else that would've been even more difficult.

"He's with my parents back home." Brooke said and gave me a hug.

"Could Luke not make it?" Elle asked and gave me a hug as well.

"No he said they got stuck in Miami and won't be home still tomorrow morning." I said and gave Savannah a hug as she came up to me.

"I'm sorry. At least you'll see him tomorrow." She said.

"That's what Isla said too." I said with a slight laugh.

After I talked with everyone for a bit we all took pictures and then I took some pictures with Isla and the rest of our college friends. I was really going to miss them and all the fun we had. We all lived in different parts of the country so we all had to say goodbye to each other, besides Isla really.