19

"Are they even going to have food here? Normal people don't really go to the beach in November." Elle said as we climbed out of the car.

"Of course there will be food. Even if people don't come to the beach they walk the boardwalk and stuff." Calum said and took a hold of Savannah's hand.

"Come here you little bean." Luke said softly as he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"Was I not close enough before?" I asked with a laugh while the others walked slightly ahead of us.

"You were like twenty feet away from me." He said and held my cold hand tightly with his warm one.

"I see sloth Luke is breaking free." I said and pulled my sleeve down on my free hand since it was cold out and I clearly didn't prepare for this beach trip.

"There's no such thing as sloth Luke." He said and gave me an argumentative look.

"The boys seem to think otherwise. And you're convincing me that he exists, I just think you're in denial." I said making him roll his eyes.

"I think you guys are just crazy." He said.

"Just let him out, he's appreciated out here rather than in there." I said while patting his shoulder making him laugh and kiss my cheek.

The boys brought us in this small little pizza shop like thing for us to eat in. Me and Luke shared some chicken tenders and fries while the boys shared a pizza and the girls got chicken tenders. The boys made a mess, which shouldn't have surprised me but it did. I mean they spilled their drinks at least twice and had crumbs everywhere. Luckily I was no where near them, but even seeing it from a far was stressful.

"Let's go play in the sand." Luke said and ran off to the sand with the boys following closely behind him.

"I sometimes worry about them if I'm being honest." Savannah said as we followed them to the spot they had designated as their own.

"Yea me too." I said with a sigh.

"Let's make sandcastles." Ashton said and headed over to the wetter part of the sand.

"Lily come make one with me." Luke said and ran over to an area a little ways away from Ashton's.

"This is gonna be a shitty sandcastle you know." I said as we both picked up handfuls of sand.

"Don't say that. Our castle will be great." He said with a hopeful tone in his voice as he started forming the base.

"We don't have any of the molds or whatever, it's just gonna look like a pile of sand." I said and he just looked at me and gave me a look.

"Come on Lily use your imagination. Don't be such a Debby downer." He said and nudged my arm as he focused on making the sand castle.

"I'm not as creative as you are, I'm more practical." I said and helped him with the castle anyway.

"That's what makes us such a good couple, you're practical and I'm creative. It's a perfect combination." He said and bit down on his lip ring as he concentrated.

"Your half seems to be a lot better than mine." I said as we finished the very much dysfunctional castle.

"It's okay. It shows the practicality of you." He said and sat down next to the castle with me next to him.