33

I texted Nick the next morning when I woke up. He said he was busy today but we can hangout tomorrow or next weekend if I want to. So obviously I said tomorrow and made a group chat with him and the girls so we could make plans.

  They were really excited to see him again. We were all excited. We haven't been in touch with him since a little after he left. We just had different schedules and we lived so far away from each other.

  Since I had nothing to do today I just laid in my bed and went on my phone for a while.

  But when I heard my door open I turned over so I could see who it was. When I did I saw Luke close my door and walk over to me without saying anything. He just had a blank look on his face as he crawled on my bed next to me and laid on my chest.

"You okay?" I asked softly and played with his hair.

"Mhm."

"What's wrong baby?" I whispered and held his hand that was draped over my stomach.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." He whispered and squeezed my hand.

"It's okay." I said and kept the same soft tone.

"I was an ass, I know that, but I just don't want to lose you to someone else." He said sadly.

"You won't, I promise." I said and kissed the top of his head and stuck out my pinky for him to latch his with.

"You don't have to worry about him. You don't have to worry about anyone." I said and wrapped my arm around him.

"I can't help it." He whispered and cleared his throat.

"I know, but just try. If you trust me then I'm not going to do anything to make you not trust me. I love you, and I mean it." I said and lifted his head so he would look at me.

I love you too." He said and I pushed his hair out of his face and leaned down to give him a tender kiss.

"Don't be sad about something that won't happen." I said and leaned my forehead against his.

"I'll try." He said softly.

"Thank you." I said and tangled my fingers in his hair.

  He looked me in the eyes for a couple more seconds before he kissed me long and hard. When he pulled away he curled up in a ball and basically laid on top of me while his head rested in the crook of my neck. I always loved when he got all soft like this, he didn't seem like the soft kind but he was.

"Everything is gonna be okay my love." I said while raking my fingers through his hair.

"Promise?" He whispered and tilted his head up to look at me.

"I promise." I said and kissed the center of his forehead.

We spent pretty much the whole day laying in bed, other than when I went downstairs to get us some snacks. I haven't told him I'm hanging out with Nick tomorrow. Not because I didn't plan on it, but mostly cause I didn't know when the right time for it was. I knew that I needed to tell him, but I didn't want him to get upset again.

"Hey babe?" I said softly and looked over to him.

"Yea?" He said and put his phone down so he could pay more attention to me.

"I have to tell you something but I don't want you to get mad or upset." I said and turned over on my side and held his hand.

He gave me a slightly worried look before he slowly said "Okay."

"Me and the girls made plans with Nick tomorrow." I said softly and watched his face drop slightly. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. And I couldn't tell if he was mad or not either.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked after about a minute of silence.

"I think we're just gonna get some lunch and hang out at Savannah's for a few hours." I said and watched him nod his head slightly. He stopped looking me in the eyes. I wasn't exactly sure why but I was assuming he was mad or something.

"Okay." He mumbled and turned on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"Okay?" I questioned and stared straight at him.

"Well I can't stop you from seeing him... so okay." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well you can, I just won't listen." I said and cracked a small smile while he did the same.

"That's exactly what I mean by that." He said and laced his fingers together over his chest.

"He's harmless you know." I said and put my hand over both of his.

"We don't know that." He said softly.

"Maybe you don't, but I do." I said and unlaced his fingers so that he could hold my hand.

"No offense but it took you a pretty long time for you to know that I liked you, loved you even. You have no idea when someone likes you." He said with slight bitterness in his voice that made my heart stop.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows together.

"It just means you can't tell when someone cares about you. He could be in love with you and you'd have no idea." He said flatly.

"Because I'm not in love with him, I'm in love with you." I said and sat up straight.

"You couldn't see that I was in love with you." He whispered.

"Do you blame me? You told me that you and your friends placed a bet on me. From what I knew I was just a couple hundred bucks to you." I said and raised my voice slightly.

"If you loved me you'd trust me when I told you that I meant everything I ever said or did." He said and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah... I can say the same thing to you." I said and moved over to the complete opposite side of the bed.

"I'll see you Monday." He said bitterly and stood up to slide his shoes on.

"Don't bother picking me up in the morning." I said which made him stop at my doorway and just stand there.

"Fine." He muttered and left my room.

When he left I just sat and stared at my ceiling. I was angry, I was really angry. He didn't trust me and he for some reason thought I didn't love him.

After a couple hours of staring at my ceiling I decided to head to bed. I was still mad, but obviously I'm gonna have to forget about it for now.