5. Protagonist or antagonist?

The host? Mark Tuan.

He personally invited Jennie before, but she declined indirectly by not responding.

They knew each other for a while actually.

Mark was from Los Angeles, although he is half Taiwanese.

They first met when Jennie started hitting her rates of success.

Back In Paris, where she was at a promotional event for none other than another friend of hers company.

Bambams.

Yes her and him were aquatinted friends.

Not as close as him and Lisa, obviously not, but they were close enough to have helped each other on minor things.

He owns a sportswear brand.

Mark on the other hand, owns a tabloid editorial company.

Inherited from his father, still very rich.

The tabloid branched into the most prominent news channel source as well, so he's stinking rich.

Self made however? No.

But anyways, back to our point.

After the two met through Bambam at his party, Mark started to try and get Jennie to interact more.

At first it was fine, but then it started growing too empathetic  for her.

She didn't want to hurt his feelings if he liked her.

So she started making up excuses to not go sometimes, well not really.

She would just decline and that was it.

So yeah, between the two, there was history. One side in the wanted zone while the other was completely hesitant.

The only reason she came was because nothing creepy happened for her not to like him.

Plus it was at a fancy bar where they got free drinks.

Why wouldn't they agree to come.

They both made their way inside the building farther as eyes shot to their direction.

They however were unbothered by it.

They soon found the way to go upstairs and went in.

The bouncers didn't even have to verify who was who between the two, knowing them already.

Thai or not, the two always came to Thailand a lot. So they were well known in these parts.

The pair entered the elevator as it took them up, casually talking about the interior.

The doors opened as the clicks of their heels were heard stepping out the elevator.

They looked around before spotting an empty area by the balcony.